Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cAHNES: 1811 once more

The old cAHNES: 1811 can be found here.

This NES takes place mainly in Europe and the Americas, though a little bit of Africa and Asia are included.

From 1804-1806, Aaron Burr plotted a revolution in the Western territories/states of the US. When Britain was not interested, his chief co-conspirator betrayed him to President Jefferson, but what if the revolt had succeeded?

A world war resulted. On one side were Revolutionary France, led by Napoleon, Spain, Russia, and the US. On the other side were Britain, most of the German and Italian states, Austria, the new nation of Louisiana led by Burr, and after it rebelled from Spain in 1809, Mexico. Sweden and the Ottoman Empire were the only significant nations to remain neutral.

Now, it is 1811. An uneasy peace has been reached. France, Russia, and Spain have divided up most of Europe, and Britain is reeling from the trade losses. However, England won a crushing naval victory against the Spanish at Trafalgar. The resulting invasion of Spain won the British the restoration of Gibraltar and the area surrounding it, and won independence for Portugal. Napoleon is getting restless, for he cannot successfully invade Britain and only his allies/neutrals remain in continental Europe.

In the Americas, the British-Louisiana-Mexico alliance won a decisive victory. The British have expanded the borders of Canada (but were forced back by the RUssians in Alaska), and when Mexico rebelled the independence of Louisiana was secured. The rebellion of Mexico has caused a few underground movements to form in Central and SOuth AMerica, but no revolution has been launched there yet.

In the US, the political system is now near collapse. Jefferson was highly unpopular for his failure to stop BUrr's rebellion, but so were the Federalists for urging the nation to be friendly to Britain, who betrayed them in favor of Louisiana. As a result, George Clinton has been elected president.

A few notes: All of the following areas, excepting major cities, are dominated by Native americans and the country that "controls them" actually has very little control over them: South America, All lands West of the Southern Rockies except for those controlled by Mexico, all lands in Louisiana West of the Mississippi, Canada (BRitish land) West of the Great Lakes, and Alaska (Russian lands) except for the coast. The big green blob in Africa is out of bounds. Colonies in Africa are small and relatively undeveloped, and shall remain that way. Technology is Late Middle ages/early industrial, and will not advance very much. Portugal is the weakest nation, but its independence must be respected because of the treaty between Britain and Spain.

Also note that standards for army and navy sizes are much smaller in theis time period

Nations:
    Britain (orange)
    Large army
    Huge navy
    Constitutional Monarchy
    Ruler: Metaliturtle
    Allies: Louisiana, Mexico, Portugal
    War: None

Louisiana (dark brown)
    Medium army
    Small navy
    Republic
    Ruler: trickey
    Allies: Britain, Mexico

Mexico (yellow)
    Medium army
    Medium navy
    Republic
    Ruler: foolish_icarus
    Allies: Louisiana, Britain

Portugal (red)
    Small army
    Small navy
    Monarchy
    Ruler: ??
    Allies: Britain

France (pink)
    Huge army
    Medium navy
    Egalitarian Dictatorship (everyone is equal except the dictator)
    Ruler: Jonny
    Allies: Russia, Spain, USA

Russia (light brown)
    Large army
    Medium navy
    Autocracy
    Ruler: civman2000
    Allies: France, Spain, USA

Spain (green)
    Medium army (downsized in treaty with Britain)
    Small navy (downsized in treaty with Britain)
    Monarchy
    Allies: Russia, France, USA

USA (light blue)
    Small army
    Small navy
    Republic
    Allies: France, Spain, Russia

Ottoman Empire (gray)
    Large army
    Medium navy
    Theocracy
    Allies: None

Sweden (dark blue)
    Medium army
    Medium navy
    Monarchy
    Allies: None
    Attached Files

I'll take Russia

Comment

I'll take France.

Comment

Mexico
        Those walls are absent of glory as they always have been. The people of tents will inherit this land.

Comment

TO France: Do you plan on restarting the war with Britain soon?

Comment

To Russia: We don't plan on restarting the war in the near future. We have warred for many years, and we need a break from it.

ORDERS: Upgrade navy to large.

Comment

BRITISH EMPIRE

RULER IS METALITURTLE
              First Master, Banan-Abbot of the Nana-stary, and Arch-Nan of the Order of the Sacred Banana.
              Marathon, the reason my friends and I have been playing the same hotseat game since 2006...

Comment

Upgrade army to huge!
                First Master, Banan-Abbot of the Nana-stary, and Arch-Nan of the Order of the Sacred Banana.
                Marathon, the reason my friends and I have been playing the same hotseat game since 2006...

Comment

Hey guys! I'll take Louisiana.

Comment

I believe I'll be the Ottoman Empire

To:France

I'd like for us to become allies.

ORDERS:Up the army to huge

Comment

To: Ottoman Empire

We will agree to an alliance.

Comment

Mexico begins financing the rebels in Central America. The navy is to be upgraded and used to secure the sea around Central America.
                        Those walls are absent of glory as they always have been. The people of tents will inherit this land.

Comment

France begins a policy of colonizing northern and western Africa.

Comment

To France:

I would like to help build up the relationship between our two nations, as I can clearly see the value of having a trustworthy and friendly allie such as yourself. Diplomats have been sent your way to negotiate any trading possibilities between our nations.

trickey of Louisiana

Comment

Mexico to britain:

We will give you cash and free use of any three of our ports for 50 years in exchange for your Oregon-area territory. Interested?

Comment

Working...
                              X