Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some dwarves are just so nosy
    (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
    (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
    (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

• But at least they are polite about it. I shudder to think how Kory would be asking...

EDIT: Although it probably wouldn't be anything like "You are a nice fellow.  I'm pleased to meet you."
      I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

• My Oberlin email is down at the moment- perhaps this will be the big sleep for it, not sure- so be sure to cc any private communication to me to peteringraham@att.net as well.
        All syllogisms have three parts.
        Therefore this is not a syllogism.

Comment

• Apologies.

My email provider has been down all today, and due to the fact that I am going away for the weekend, there will not be much said by Dorlin for the next few days. Apparently fastmail is hosted in USA, and the power outage has caused some problems.

Although our data centre has diesel backup generators, all access to the centre is down. This may be due to upstream router power failures - we are still investigating the exact cause. We don't yet know when the data centre will be available. Quotes on CNN suggest that power should be back by morning.
          I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

• I'm having the same problem Skanky, at least we won't lose any mail (they set up a backup mail server in Texas to queue all the messages), but it might be a while until we can read them again.

Damn.
            If I'm posting here then Counterglow must be down.

Comment

• Hmm. Thanks for the heads-up. I think, in the grand tradition of email, we'll march forwards since I think your abcense won't make too much of a difference, but we'll see. With any luck, you'll be back just in time for either the finale or the downtime before Mission 2.

As a side comment, even moving as speedily as we have been, knowing the amount of stuff I have prepared... the 6 month request earlier on doesn't seem likely to be fulfilled, as a warning. I'm guessing it'll be closer to 9-15 months, depending on how many delays occur. Oh well. Thankfully, for those who are interested in the long haul, I'm reasonably certain that replacements are available should some drop.

And oh yes. My college mail server was down thanks to the blackout, as well. Good thing I have the backup...

Comment

• The good news is that my mail server is back, and I am also back from my weekend away.
                The bad news is I have to go in to work tomorrow morning at 5 am until 9.

What that means is I won't be catching up for an additional 12 hours (and will be bloody tired).

For Wraith or Nathan, Dorlin will be happy to melee with the lead spider while Menchi and Kory take pot-shots at it (some are bound to hit the thing), perhaps as a rear-guard action as we all beat a hasty retreat to get some arrow-fodder houseguards in on the action.

Or not. In 12 hours I will put some serious thought into this.

Comment

• Giant spiders? Looks like fun
                  (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan

Comment

• Dorlin has 7/13 HP, everyone else is full.

Yeah, it sounded fun at first...

But I got him much better than he got me!

Comment

• Yah, just don't think you'll be doing that kind of damage all the time- most humans are smart enough not to charge at readied pike-style weapons. ;-)

Comment

• Critical hits are fun though.
                        (against others)

Comment

• Hey, don't look at me like that

Comment

• [OOC: how do I make the bluff and diplomacy rolls anyway?]

There is a free Dice Roller Program you can use for any sided dice, complete with modifiers. One drawback is that you have to fill in every field for it to work - even the "optional" one.

You use a 20-sided dice, the modifiers should be listed in your character sheet. You use 1 dice per skill check (and of course check each skill seperately).

And we are still waiting for your character backgrounds.

Comment

• Originally posted by SnowFire
                              As a side comment, even moving as speedily as we have been, knowing the amount of stuff I have prepared... the 6 month request earlier on doesn't seem likely to be fulfilled, as a warning. I'm guessing it'll be closer to 9-15 months, depending on how many delays occur. Oh well. Thankfully, for those who are interested in the long haul, I'm reasonably certain that replacements are available should some drop.
                              Considering I was the only one iirc to actually specify a time-frame, I guess that is aimed at me.
                              I change my preference to being interested in the long haul.

Also, what is happening with Mission 1? Both Wraith and I have replied to the latest email, and Nathan is away until Friday iirc.

Comment

• Hey, the DM can be busy too and slow to respond.

Comment

Working...
                                X