The future of the StP project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The future of the StP project

The future of the Stella Polaris project has been unstable every now and then; especially now it's overall very fragile. However I don't yet see a good reason to fall in despair as we are still going forward, despite it's very slow compared to last year. I have prepared myself for the worst as things have been going rather bad, so frankly said I'm ready to call off the project at anytime, if it StP turns out as "GGS II." However I'm currently positive about the current situation, but I agree that much has to be done in order to keep the project going.

The imminent changes are that several SPDT members will be sacked for very inco-operative habits and some minor changes will be made. However the target is to keep the team about as large as before. Basically the idea is to maintain a team which isn't necessarily large, but at least active (not necesarily as extreme as Ace ). One thing that I want to stress is that everyone must be aware that the expectations for what will be achieved aren't that high as you may understand. I hope that by June or July we could start the alpha testing face with the Alpha 1 release. Hopefully we could by the end of the year celebrate Alpha 2 or 3. I also remind that if we end up in locked situation for weeks and months, there's no hesitation that I would be ready to call of the project, so I hope you take a such decision maturely and don't start to blackmail people.

Right, now I assume things are quite clear.
    "Kids, don't listen to uncle Solver unless you want your parents to spank you." - Solver

As the first measure, Alien and Carbaher will be suspended due to the fact that none of them have tried to be active. More suspensions might be planned soon.
    "Kids, don't listen to uncle Solver unless you want your parents to spank you." - Solver

Comment

Also notice that I will be from now on Project Manager and Frozzy will continue his work as Project Advisor, so small changes there too.

Comment

Keep going if you can.
        On the ISDG 2012 team at the heart of CiviLIZation

Comment

Oh we will try to keep going, but it more or less depends on if the coders start doing alot of work and start making progress. I however think this project wont die so fast as many are keen to get to work yet lack the expertise in coding.

MY OPINION: I think we need an experianced programmer that is good in OpenGL, C++, Graphics with C++, and object oriented programming, among other things. Or if its possible we need more than just one good experianced person, also we need the person(s) to do the work, but of course this is my opinion.

Well anyways thanks for the comment.
          -J.B.-
          Naval Imperia Designer

Comment

Hmm... the website and forums seem to have been taken out. Is the project now officially disbanded, or is this just a temporary measure?

Comment

Expect an official statement within the next 24 hours. Thanks!

Comment

"From ashes to ashes, from dust to dust."

So this is the end of the line?
                Skeptics should forego any thought of convincing the unconvinced that we hold the torch of truth illuminating the darkness. A more modest, realistic, and achievable goal is to encourage the idea that one may be mistaken. Doubt is humbling and constructive; it leads to rational thought in weighing alternatives and fully reexamining options, and it opens unlimited vistas.

Elie A. Shneour Skeptical Inquirer

Comment

tick tock tick tock..

24 hours passed, and i'm kinda curious what your statement will be
                  <Kassiopeia> you don't keep the virgins in your lair at a sodomising distance from your beasts or male prisoners. If you devirginised them yourself, though, that's another story. If they devirginised each other, then, I hope you had that webcam running.
                  Play Bumps! No, wait, play Slings!

Comment

/me AOL!!!!s what Lemmy said *
                    This is Shireroth, and Giant Squid will brutally murder me if I ever remove this link from my signature | In the end it won't be love that saves us, it will be mathematics | So many people have this concept of God the Avenger. I see God as the ultimate sense of humor -- SlowwHand

Comment

24 -> 48

Comment

Let me just say that I am disappointed by the way this decision seems to be made by one man, and I hope that if this is Rasbey's final decision, that others will want to go on with the project under a different management.

Comment

The project is dead, Joeno.

Comment

Originally posted by Rasbelin
                            The project is dead, Joeno.
                            Was that the official statement?
                            <Kassiopeia> you don't keep the virgins in your lair at a sodomising distance from your beasts or male prisoners. If you devirginised them yourself, though, that's another story. If they devirginised each other, then, I hope you had that webcam running.
                            Play Bumps! No, wait, play Slings!

Comment

I don't like it.

There are people who put a lot of time into this project. There are a lot of ideas and stories. Don't let them go to waste.

Just because the project is 'sleeping', doesn't mean it's dead. What we need to do is actively search for dedicated coders.
                              Michiel Helvensteijn
                              --
                              SPDT Member: Helpmate

Comment

Working...
                              X