"The Tech Vote" (Part 2)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "The Tech Vote" (Part 2)

Just vote and continue the earlier discussion that was located in the other Technology Poll .

I vote for Gateways Tech. Tree.
    -J.B.-
    Gateway's Tech Tree
    100.00%
    Tech Tree
    0.00%
    Tech Field
    0.00%
    Tech Sphere
    0.00%

The poll is expired.

Naval Imperia Designer

The natural choice; GW's tech tree.
    "Kids, don't listen to uncle Solver unless you want your parents to spank you." - Solver

Comment

I like what I saw of Gateway's idea. It's a tree with leaves and effective blocks on beelines. Even if we disagree on some details, such as variable/hidden prerequisites, that can be very easily changed.
      "Cutlery confused Stalin"
      -BBC news

Comment

Yeah, go gateway tech tree!
        Michiel Helvensteijn
        --
        SPDT Member: Helpmate

Comment

duh......go gateway
          Bunnies!
          Welcome to the DBTSverse!
          God, Allah, boedha, siva, the stars, tealeaves and the palm of you hand. If you are so desperately looking for something to believe in GO FIND A MIRROR
          'Space05us is just a stupid nice guy' - Space05us

Comment

GW's

Comment

It's the most logical course of action. - Tuvok

I am curious how (and more importantly, when) it's gonna be coded. And how it's gonna look. Can we even call Gateway's tech model a 'tree'? I guess not, because the technologies won't even be known to the player untill he/she has the required primary pre-requisites. It would be cool if we could somehow make it a real tech-tree. (Maybe add the new tech to the tree when it's known, connected to the required techs.) I'd like to help with that, btw.
              Michiel Helvensteijn
              --

Comment

heh this poll is hereby closed by me, I can see that everyone will pick Gateways. I cant blame them.
                -J.B.-
                Naval Imperia Designer

Comment

Michiel,

I am glad to see your interest in the Technological development of this project. I will consider your request. I am willing to find tech's involved but I will leave the Tech tree stuff to Gateway or someone else who is interested. IE: Michiel.

Any, or all person(s) willing to work on this can post here. From this time on.
                  Rasbey and I will then need to "TALK" to each other by Instant Messenger so that we can asses the situation.
                  -J.B.-
                  Naval Imperia Designer

Comment

Here's what I mean by a tree with Gateway's method:

Of course, there'll have to be a good Tree-GUI. The information in a seperate window (not like in my images), the tech itself in the tree as an image, like in civ-3.
                    Michiel Helvensteijn
                    --

Comment

Working...
                    X