No announcement yet.

The SPDT Story

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'll be waiting and hopefully I'll be patient for the story Gateway.

Furthermore I have no comments to make at this moment. Just the one statement.
    -J.B.-

Gateway: Good Luck and may the force be with you.

-J.B.- ~hmmm is this De-Ja-Vu?
    Naval Imperia Designer

Comment

Ok, a revision of the first paragraph to Timeline (Part 1)

----------Revision----------
      In the beginning of the twenty-first century, the global economy was slowly recovering from a mild recession occurred at the end of the previous century. However, tensions also grew steadily between certain nations, primarily between the sole superpower the United States of America, and those of Middle East. To support its position, the US utilized its influence and successfully persuaded the United Nations to impose a sanction. As a result, when the inevitable war broke out, the result was not at all surprising.

However, what the US did not realize, or chose to ignore (modern historians are still debating over this issue), was that the little ten-month war had far-reaching repercussions. Muslim believers of the Middle East were aggravated by the US and its allies' self-righteous campaign against their neighbours, and secretly vowed to seek retribution, as if generations of hatred were not motivation enough already. But on the surface, the Middle East nations were wise to adapt a more passive stance. While their people continued to protest against and denounce the US, their government kept low profiles, and continued their plotting and preparing.

Meanwhile, the public of America went back living their lives, quickly refocused their energy on the next new big entertainment hit or political scandal, largely oblivious of future dangers, as they were so sure of their supremacy. Some foresighted people advocated caution and warnings, only to be branded paranoid and ignored. The people of USA were sure of their supremacy, and enjoyed it wholeheartedly.

Away from the continent of North America, in the traditional Eastern Hemisphere was the continental landmass known as Asia. Over the year... (This part connects to the second paragraph of the first version, and so on)
      ----------------------------

Is this better? Constructive feedbacks and suggestions are welcomed.

-Gateway103

Comment

Very nice, Gateway103. You should write more in general.
        XBox Live: VovanSim
        xbox.com (login required)
        Halo 3 Service Record (I fail at FPS...)
        Spore page

Comment

Sorry for the first comment being so not constructive and informative but there are some points of view which are to hard for me to agree with... But I hope that won't lead to tension between StPDT members, we all are one team! (at least I want it to be so)
          By the way great work Gateway103!
          Maybe I'm wrong but you story seems to be the only activity around StP these days...

Comment

Yes, very superb indeed. I comend you for your excellence. Gateway

Oh and the most topics being discussed are:

The SPDT Story

Artificial Intelligence (AI)

Engine/Propulsion

Jobless filmmaker

The Unit "Think Tank"

So I'd say theres alot being discussed.
            Well its better than when StP was new on Apoly. There was hardly nothing then.
            -J.B.-
            Naval Imperia Designer

Comment

There has been some talk in the Aliens and Natives thread about the backstory not accomadating the Beastmaker Idea. So I was wondering, would it be able to be in the game Gateway?
              -J.B.-
              Naval Imperia Designer

Comment

I've read about the Beastmaster in the Alien and Native thread sometimes ago. However, since then my memory has faded somewhat. I can recall that such Beastmasters can control native lifeforms and what not, in fashions similar to mind worm handlers. Thus, in order to fully reply to your question, please summarize the properties and characteristics that make the Beastmaster people (because I don't feel like reading through 70~ish posts to find the info), and I'll get back to you on it.

Nevertheless, most likely such Beastmaster people can easily be incorporated in the story (juding from what I can remember about them). Also, the fact that they may be spread over several planets is no problem, since the humans would too, so a similar mechanism can be used to hand wavily cover the issue.

So, the short answer is there is a high probability that Beastmaster (and other native/alien ideas) can be worked in the story, but please provide a concise summary on the Beastmaster so I can judge the viability.

-Gateway103

Comment

The humans, though, have developed interstellar travel and such. The beastmasters are primitives.

Comment

Since Mark123jansen came up with the Idea I'll let him compile a summary. I currently have no time to do so.
                    Besides he understands it he would know much better than I do.
                    -J.B.-
                    Last edited by Jeremy Buloch; January 13, 2003, 04:56.
                    Naval Imperia Designer

Comment

Beastmaster:
                      -small about a.5 meter or 5 feet.
                      -a bit apelike, hairy, hands etc (maybe extra fingers or something)
                      -they are intelligent, but at a stone-age level.
                      -their main strength is their telepathic abilities, because they are weak themselves and their are many strong predators on the planets they can control the minds of the predators to protect themselves.
                      -their telepathic abilities and intelligence are evolving to a higher level just at the time the humans arrive. (meaning they are creating a telepathic network like planet in SMAC/X)
                      -IDEA: the ecology's of M-class world have been created by an ancient now extinct alien race, but after they left the ecologies collapsed, evolving the peacefull creatures into fierce predators, and the caretakers (beastmasters) devolved to their present state.
                      (this would explain their presence on many worlds, and make them easier to incorporate into the story)
                      Truly great madness cannot be achieved without significant intelligence.
                      -Henrik Tikkanen

Comment

sorry typo, I meant 'small about 1.5 meter or 5 feet'
                        Truly great madness cannot be achieved without significant intelligence.
                        -Henrik Tikkanen

Comment

I like it. I like it alot! Sounds like the beastmasters are real now. I imagine them tiny and skiny and furry like.
                          -J.B.-
                          Naval Imperia Designer

Comment

Working...
                          X