Jobless filmmaker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jobless filmmaker

I am currently technically jobless, since I have nothing to work on. Could I be updated with the latest info of designs and storyline on which I will have to base the videos on ?
    "Just because you're paranoid doesnt mean there's not someone following me..."
    "I shall return and I shall be billions"

A jobless filmmaker? Well, maybe you could continue to draw some more storyboards. Remember the ones with the council meeting and election that was supposed to be used for the diplomatic victory?
    "Kids, don't listen to uncle Solver unless you want your parents to spank you." - Solver

Comment

Yes all the stuff we discussed at the old FreeAc forums.
      -J.B.-
      Naval Imperia Designer

Comment

Ok, I was talking about designs : should I use aliens ? smacish buildings ? etc... Rasbey told me to do as smacish as i wanted, so ill do that. Feedbacks are still welcome though
        "Just because you're paranoid doesnt mean there's not someone following me..."
        "I shall return and I shall be billions"

Comment

hmmm. Since we dont have any official aliens yet. I dont think you should put them in yet. So I guess SMAC related stuff would do just fine. I have no feedback other than that I'm afraid. Good luck!
          Naval Imperia Designer

Comment

You could take a look at the stories that Gateway is making and then draw up storyboards from there.
            -J.B.-
            Naval Imperia Designer

Comment

Re: Jobless filmmaker

Originally posted by Pandemoniak
              I am currently technically jobless, since I have nothing to work on. Could I be updated with the latest info of designs and storyline on which I will have to base the videos on ?
              Besides storyline, do you need some help/feedback/renderings from the jobless artist? BTW, what format would you employ? Even .mp4 seems to be way too big for downloadable Internet project... possible, scripted scenes for the game engine? If so, please help me fight against coders lazyness (they still think StP may work using tiled 2D/3D-ortho...)
              If you don't see my avatar, your monitor is incapable to display 128 bit colors.
              Stella Polaris Development Team, ex-Graphics Manager

Comment

I'm not lazy, I just can't start coding without any guidelines and decision about fundamental things. Maybe the managers are lazy?
                And I thought that it's already decided that our world will be pure 3D

Comment

Sure, you aren't lazy, this is simply a way of things accepted here.
                  If you don't see my avatar, your monitor is incapable to display 128 bit colors.

Comment

if you like you could look at my thread "aliens and natives" and make a few 3d renderings of the natives discussed there?
                    Truly great madness cannot be achieved without significant intelligence.
                    -Henrik Tikkanen

Comment

Kurilka,

I need to point at Blake as for the coding. But overall I have indeed been lazy now as there was the Christmas seaso, but back to work now.

Targon,

you could contact Ben (ben_at_disparatum.com) and ask what kind of graphics he would need for the website.
                      Last edited by Rasbelin; January 10, 2003, 07:55.
                      "Kids, don't listen to uncle Solver unless you want your parents to spank you." - Solver

Comment

I've posted some samples here

and below, so Ben may ask more concrete ("second one but more hairy and neon gamma" or so) . Or even better, he may draw some concept art (concept, nothing specialy cute is expected) and send/post it.

Comment

Working...
                        X