Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• About forum

2 people working on StP website:
    will there be our ownforum (not at apolyton.net?)

Maybe I'm wrong, but there is no such feature I want (personal wish, but I think that this could be quite useful): receiving forum posts by email.
    I want to get all posts from StP forum in my mailbox...
    So i personally prefer something like yahoo groups

kurilka subscribe to the forum and all the thread then you get a notice that there has been a post on it....
    Bunnies!
    Welcome to the DBTSverse!
    God, Allah, boedha, siva, the stars, tealeaves and the palm of you hand. If you are so desperately looking for something to believe in GO FIND A MIRROR
    'Space05us is just a stupid nice guy' - Space05us

Comment

I have subscribed, and thought that I get emails, but it didn't work
      And also i want not a link but a message...

Comment

I certainly hope so, and I expect it to. There was one on the FreeAC website, and it worked pretty well for swapping ideas, and worked better than just one forum on such a large site.

Comment

What software did the FreeAC forums use? It sounds like a fine idea to me to have the messages sent to your mailbox. Perhaps a mailing list would be best. YahooGroups I would avoid though.

Also, I don't think the website will be finished in time for Christmas (perhaps it will) but I think it would be easy enough to set up a forum or mailing list on the new site in time for Christmas. That way we can start getting everyone moved over and stuff.

Comment

Kurilka,

I assume you're refering to the upcoming Stella Polaris Forums. Anyway, the forums will up as soon as it will be possible. However no date set yet.
            "Kids, don't listen to uncle Solver unless you want your parents to spank you." - Solver

Comment

Originally posted by Disparat

What software did the FreeAC forums use?
              FreeAC Forums was using Invision Board. However SPF won't be running it. But I won't reveal everything yet.
              "Kids, don't listen to uncle Solver unless you want your parents to spank you." - Solver

Comment

Are there any SPDT guidelines and why aren't they posted for the public?
                -J.B.-
                Naval Imperia Designer

Comment

So Ras, will the Poly StP foums become redundant? Or will it become a PR based forum?

The last thing I'd like to see is anyone thinking that StP has died

Comment

JB,

what guidelines?

RB,

this forum won't become redundant. It's going to be just like before, so it's role won't change.

Comment

No maillist?!

Comment

Well, the forums can be compared to a mailing list. But there's some else also being planned, but that's still inside my head as an idea. However the forums will come for certain.

Comment

Well, compared...
                          I'm reading emails online (not so fast connection is not very good...), but for forums I must open browser, go to apolyton.net, check every half an hour for new messages... Usability and reaction speed suffers...
                          Just MHO.

Comment

just copy paste everything from the StP website to the poly forum and everybody things it is still active
                            Bunnies!
                            Welcome to the DBTSverse!
                            God, Allah, boedha, siva, the stars, tealeaves and the palm of you hand. If you are so desperately looking for something to believe in GO FIND A MIRROR
                            'Space05us is just a stupid nice guy' - Space05us

Comment

cool, especially when the StP website is empty as it is now...

Comment

Working...
                              X