Need some for graphics for the Stella Polaris Site

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need some for graphics for the Stella Polaris Site

Sorry, haven't been around lately nor have I been doing much, but not much more (I think) needs to be done. Before I can get to work I really need some graphics. Yeah, I have Photoshop, and I can blindly stumble my way into passable graphics, but we've got some pros here so this is what I need:

First off, the color scheme:
    background: #464A46
    text: #FFFFFF
    complementary (links, some borders, etc.): #5ED026
    2nd background (this is what the actual content and most of the graphics lie on: #000000

Okay, this is a pretty boring color scheme, I'm open to suggestions, but it doesn't look bad.

Now the graphics I need:

A header 389x47 pixels. It's on the black background and surrounded by the complementary color. I was thinking some sort of futuristic skyline. Tokyo at night looks good but I couldn't find any suitable pictures. This obviously won't span the entire screen so it should fade to black on the right. I think I can handle that if necessary.

A footer 389x47 pixels. Same parameters as header, but should fade to black on left side. I have no suggestions for what this should be, so I'm no help there.

A navigation background pic 150x100 pixels. This is set against black and surround on two sides by the green complementary color. It's going to be set in the upper right corner and is going to have text over it. Therefore it needs to be pretty translucent and non-intrusive. I was thinking an alien or maybe a planet being eclipsed by the sun. Something along those lines.

I hope you guys can help. I'd post a pic of the design, but I don't know how Rasbelin wants that handled, but I really need some graphics and I figured this might be the best way. Can you guys come up with anything?

I have too look at your suggestion ASAP. In the meantime you could at least try to integrate the logo somehow.
    "Kids, don't listen to uncle Solver unless you want your parents to spank you." - Solver

Comment

At last, some work for artists! I'll try to render/draw something, but I'm somewhat busy nowdays (all these annual reports), so...
      OK, you said "futuristic city". Right, under way.
      If you don't see my avatar, your monitor is incapable to display 128 bit colors.
      Stella Polaris Development Team, ex-Graphics Manager

Comment

i do have a nice space picture somewhere if you want it? i have it with stella polaris...and i will take a look at the other pics
        Bunnies!
        Welcome to the DBTSverse!
        God, Allah, boedha, siva, the stars, tealeaves and the palm of you hand. If you are so desperately looking for something to believe in GO FIND A MIRROR
        'Space05us is just a stupid nice guy' - Space05us

Comment

I remember seeing it somewhere around here. It was very nice. I really think we need a new logo, so perhaps if some nice ones get made, we can influence the higher-ups. However, I'd hold off on that for a bit. I'm not sure what kind we need for the site yet, as in how big it should be, what shape it is, etc. I'm still working out those details. Anybody that can help with the graphics above would be well appreciated. And thanks, Targon, for taking me up on my offer.

Comment

well here is the pic i made and i will look at the footer....i will start making somethings right now
            Bunnies!
            God, Allah, boedha, siva, the stars, tealeaves and the palm of you hand. If you are so desperately looking for something to believe in GO FIND A MIRROR

Comment

where do i need to send the footer too?
              Bunnies!

Comment

ben_at_disparatum.com
                "Kids, don't listen to uncle Solver unless you want your parents to spank you." - Solver

Comment

tanx
                  Bunnies!

Comment

Oh man, sorry for never replying. Such a twit I am. Anyway DBTS, it follows the guidelines perfectly but I don't think it'll work. The green color should be a sort of neon, alien type of green, not teal. Maybe I put the wrong hex code up there, not sure. I'm also looking for some sort of object to be in the picture, not just colors. If anyone else can help me out with this, it would be great. Thanks for your time DBTS.

Comment

ok i saw what i did wrong i have the good colors now but i dont have any idea what kind of picture you want in it....so nevermind
                      Bunnies!

Comment

Sorry, but I'm defenite not a architect... futuristic landscape needs too many small details at front plane to look "cool". Possible some cosmic-like, nice gradients... please sketch some concept art.
                        Attached Files
                        If you don't see my avatar, your monitor is incapable to display 128 bit colors.

Comment

me lijking this picture........

but maybe you could put the Stella in the upper left corner and not on his side
                          Bunnies!

Comment

OK, this is simply a hastly kludged picture and surely not complete anyway... feel free to advise some cool ideas for some graphics to be done. I feel I'm out of sync with mainstream StP, Graphics Manager forgot me

Comment

Looks great indeed, Targon. Make sure it can be scaled into a smaller size for e.g. the website or for use in the game, as the current logo isn't good for being resized. It gets easily too blurred. But so far this one looks neat.

Comment

Working...
                              X