Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Map Builder: Overlays screenshot

Hi guys!
    I'm working on next version of Map Builder, that will be completed and released, maybe, after Christmas holydays. In the meanwhile I desire to show you what I'm working on: overlays.
    As coders/expert gamers know, in maps, to have a transition from a terrain type to an other it's possible to use these overlays that add a bit of terrain A that overlay on terrain B.
    For now it's possible to have only Earth->Sea overlay, but soon other feature will added.
    As usual, any comment is welcome.
    Attached Files
    Aslo the gods are impotent against men's stupidity --Frederich Shiller
    In my vocabulary the word "Impossible" doesn't exist --Napoleon
    Stella Polaris Development Team -> Senior Code Writer (pro tempore) & Designer

To Graphic Staff

Please, submit better sprites for terrain and overlays...

Requirements
    The terrain sprite must be from -3 to 1 altitude level (0.png ... 4.png in terrain folder of Map Builder's last version)
    The terrain must be neutral (no farm, no weather layer, no sand...).
    The overlays Earth->Sea must respect the Template attached below.

OPTIONAL
    Weather layer (see Weather Design thread)
    Rockiness layer

NOTE:
    Don't use these colors (RGB scale):
    255 0 255 (transperency)
    0 255 255 (shadow)
    255 200 120 (flags)
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Vultur; December 2, 2002, 11:43.

Comment

What are the diamond dimensions of these tiles?
      32x64?
      I'm not a complete idiot: some parts are still missing.

Comment

width:64;
        height:32;
        so 64x32, not 32x64

However, dowload the template and use it to draw the overlays.
        NOTE:
        white grid is only an indication, must be removed in final file...

Comment

Another thing, vultur:

Do you want these overlays (and the terrain tiles) to be completely flat? Or can they be civ3-like "3D-lookalikes"?
          (I don't know what to call those mountaintiles... 2,5D?)

Comment

Okay, ignore my last question.... I just downloaded your map-builder v. 0.4.3... So you want just the sea and land tiles... okay.

Comment

Originally posted by aaglo
              So you want just the sea and land tiles... okay.
              Exactly, the other altitude will be decided later. In fact I've found a code library for textures, so it's possible to have a graphic SMAC-like.

Comment

Okay... It propably isn't a surprise to you, that I don't know what are you talking about code libraries...

so, if I recall correctly, the smac terrain graphic tiles were squares. And the program somehow changed these squares to diamonds?

Well, those squares could be easier to make. But not necessarily.

I'll try to make some terrain overlays. Everybody can start making them..

Comment

For now use only the diamonds as template,please.
                  Maybe more advanced version will have 3D graphic, or square->diamonds conversion.
                  Okay... It propably isn't a surprise to you, that I don't know what are you talking about code libraries...
                  No problem, you don't have to care about this. This is a job for the coders

Comment

Important

I've fixed overlays code. I've changed the overlay tamplate to implement the correct overlaying.
                    Please use the template below for all overlays.
                    Thanks.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                    X