Absorbing new ideas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yep, it's only a game...

But if allmost all other aspects are done in the way "it could be possible - even reasonable", the walking mechs just don't fit in quite well...
    I'm not a complete idiot: some parts are still missing.

Comment

Ok, well, I'm finishing it anyway. Do with it whatever you want. Like in the star-trek argument, I totaly agree the game should be as realistic as possible. But now that I started I'm finishing it.
      Michiel Helvensteijn
      --
      SPDT Member: Helpmate

Comment

Please do finish it. Maybe it could be used as an alien unit (we certainly don't know their preferences/likings). And when you're done, please show it to us..
        I'm not a complete idiot: some parts are still missing.

Comment

I'm done. Sorry it took so long.

It'll take some time to match Aaglo's graphics (you make really cool stuff with Pov-Ray), but I think it isn't bad for a beginner. If you have any ideas for extra bells and/or wistles for this design, please tell me.

The orthogonal camera makes it ugly though. That's too bad.

I have 8 images of 8 different angles, but I have no place to upload them. Maybe someone else can upload them for me? I can send them by e-mail.

One other question: What's a good way to use lightsources in graphics like this? I just give 1 lightsource the exact same location as the camera and let it rotate around the Y-axis together with the camera for different angles. Is this a good way?

Anyway, this forum allows me to attach 1 image, so I'm gonna show a non-orthographical image.
          Attached Files
          Last edited by Michiel; November 29, 2002, 16:04.
          Michiel Helvensteijn
          --

Comment

First of all I ask you not to post more BMP files as attachments because of their size. Avoid them and use PNG files instead. You can send the rest of the images to me by e-mail.
            "Kids, don't listen to uncle Solver unless you want your parents to spank you." - Solver

Comment

Ok, sorry. .png it is.

I'm gonna send them now.

And feedback would be nice. I'm sure my design is not perfect.
              Michiel Helvensteijn
              --

Comment

Sorry for reviving an ancient thread, but Rasbelin finally decided to mail me the URL's to the mech-warriors I sent.

Well, here they are:

(See edit)

I did make these months ago, but please give me some hints on how to improve them. I tried to make them like the one in the original post, but somehow they don't look good.

Edit:

I tried to just place them on the forum, but for some reason I left a lot of white space around them and they're too big. I'm just gonna give you the URL's.

Michiel Helvensteijn
                --

Comment

Er... I think we're now using .3ds as our model format
                  OK, what is the red thing on you mech arm? Shield?
                  Besides, this mech guy is really pretty
                  If you don't see my avatar, your monitor is incapable to display 128 bit colors.
                  Stella Polaris Development Team, ex-Graphics Manager

Comment

Looks good and I have no further comment than that to make.
                    -J.B.-
                    Naval Imperia Designer

Comment

Working...
                    X