Absorbing new ideas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Absorbing new ideas

Here's a small collection of images that have been posted on FreeAC Forums. Several might give you ideas for 3D unit models, so it might help the graphics team.

Please note that I haven't created any of the material seen here.

Last edited by Rasbelin; November 25, 2002, 08:52.
    "Kids, don't listen to uncle Solver unless you want your parents to spank you." - Solver

Our easter-egg graphics!!!

Love them
    I'm not a complete idiot: some parts are still missing.

Comment

Heh, sounds like a chalange.

I pretty much get Pov-Ray now, so I'm gonna try the first one. The mech-warior. I doubt it will be any good, but I'm gonna try making it after my homework.

Michiel Helvensteijn
      --
      SPDT Member: Helpmate

Comment

Originally posted by Michiel
        I pretty much get Pov-Ray now, so I'm gonna try the first one. The mech-warior. I doubt it will be any good, but I'm gonna try making it after my homework.
        Mech warrior was one of my ideas...
        Aslo the gods are impotent against men's stupidity --Frederich Shiller
        In my vocabulary the word "Impossible" doesn't exist --Napoleon
        Stella Polaris Development Team -> Senior Code Writer (pro tempore) & Designer

Comment

I hope you won't object if I try to make a model of it anyway.
          Michiel Helvensteijn
          --

Comment

I like the dirigible and the helicopter.

Comment

Question: What's the 6th one supposed to be? Some kind of laser thingie.. That one looks easy to make, actually. (nope, still not done with the mech-warior, it now has feet and legs )
              Michiel Helvensteijn
              --

Comment

It's a lasergate.
                "Kids, don't listen to uncle Solver unless you want your parents to spank you." - Solver

Comment

Heh, off course it is.

Well, it looks easy enough to make. I'll try that one too, but not today. Hell, don't wait for me, it'll take a while.
                  Michiel Helvensteijn
                  --

Comment

One other question. What kind of image do you need? One in action, shooting and stuff? Or a passive one, just standing?
                    Michiel Helvensteijn
                    --

Comment

The 'dirigible' and the 'helicopter' are official designs, actually...

Comment

This is something... I'll call it alien landscape...
                        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Michiel

One other question. What kind of image do you need? One in action, shooting and stuff? Or a passive one, just standing?
                          You could make it like the units Aaglo have done, but of course one shooting (animation or still?) could be fine too for promotional use. You need one picture for each direction in the case you make it a preliminary model for use in the game.

Aaglo, could you give Michiel more instruction as you're the Graphics Manager?

Comment

About unit images (in-game):
                            - Currently it is agreed, that the images should be orthogonal (in pov-ray, insert word orthographic to the camera variables)
                            - Show the units facing all 8 different directions
                            - Free your mind

If you want to show us how the unit is destroying an opponent, please do so.

Additional info about the walking mech: IIRC, it was decided that you should forget walking mechs. They are not realistic war-machines. But a mech on threads is a different story...

Comment

Not realistic... Well, maybe so, but it's for a game. Does it really matter?

And like I said before, my large quantity of homework prevents me from finishing this soon, but he's got arms and legs now. No body yet.

And thanx for the pointers.
                              Michiel Helvensteijn
                              --

Comment

Working...
                              X