The Game's Story

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Game's Story

there are bits and pieces and ideas all over the forums, but i think it's time to decide on the story at last, so post away
    Truly great madness cannot be achieved without significant intelligence.
    -Henrik Tikkanen

something better then.....: we are on the verge of exploring space and aliens arrive! or we have a big empire and aliens arrive! then i am almost all for it! can we just at first live in peace with the aliens.....and then something happens somewhere and a war begins?
    Bunnies!
    Welcome to the DBTSverse!
    God, Allah, boedha, siva, the stars, tealeaves and the palm of you hand. If you are so desperately looking for something to believe in GO FIND A MIRROR
    'Space05us is just a stupid nice guy' - Space05us

Comment

Actually, there at least used to be a pretty interesting story where the human evacuation from earth and colonization of other worlds is motivated by interstellar war between two older species, don't know if that idea has progressed lately.

So, it's basically "we are not on verge of anything and aliens arrive!"

Comment

I personally like this story:
        earth is fighting a losing war with a superior alien race, they know they will lose so they build a ton of colonization ships and send them all over the galaxy, the ships are slower than light, so by the time they get to their destination earth will have been destroyed and they will be on their one
        Truly great madness cannot be achieved without significant intelligence.
        -Henrik Tikkanen

Comment

Sort of elaborating on your concept of alien invasion, but with a twist I suppose:

Humans have progressed pretty far technologically speaking and are busy making discoveries both in space and in the few unexplored domains of Earth as well. While drilling in Antarctica they come across some sort of technology sufficiently departed from reality and today's science as to preclude it from being anything of known earth-origin. The logical conclusion therefore is it is from some lost alien civilization (surprise, surprise). Earthlings, being the socially primitive beings that they are, set out to exploit this technology for their own personal benefit. Of course this leads to wars, death, famine, etc., etc., leaving our world a mere ravaged husk of its former self. So of course we build the obligatory interstellar spaceship and set off to regions unknown in the uncharted vastness of space.

OR INSTEAD...while doing this drilling in Antarctica they come across an alien lifeform (I'm thinking virus, not big-eyed martians). Unfrozen, this deadly terror multiplies and begins to reign supreme over our existing world governments leaving mayhem and destruction in its wake. Again, enter the obligatory interstellar spaceship as we set off to find the creators of this viral harbringer of death in the once again uncharted vastness of space and avenge the destruction of our beautiful earthen utopia.

Questions? Comments?

Comment

avenging me not like because after 2 or 3 generations nobody cares about that but the rest! :B: i like it much more than anything else...and as far as i know it is new! so great idea!
            Bunnies!
            Welcome to the DBTSverse!
            God, Allah, boedha, siva, the stars, tealeaves and the palm of you hand. If you are so desperately looking for something to believe in GO FIND A MIRROR
            'Space05us is just a stupid nice guy' - Space05us

Comment

Gateway103 has a more or less complete story already. I expect it to appear on the new website once it's finally been completed, right, Rasbey?

Comment

Well, I have been away for a few days so I didn't have the opportunity to respond, but as it now is, Stella Polaris has a background story called "The Exodus" by Gateway. The new version of the story can be expected to be released later this year as GW has time to finish the fine tuning of his writing. He has my and Blake's full support so the issue about the story can be settled until the new version of the writing is ready. I understand that those who haven't been involved for that long, haven't heard about "The Exodus", but StP actually has a background story that was agreed ~2 months back.

Yes, Joeno, something like that.
                "Kids, don't listen to uncle Solver unless you want your parents to spank you." - Solver

Comment

Working...
                X