single-playes.....RPG?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• single-playes.....RPG?

i had an idea.......there is a debate (still going) about what to emphizes on.....Space (moo) or planet (civ) i would like to give for single player atleast an idea........when you choose to do single player you could choose between 3 options:

normal 'civ'-game
    Campaign mode
    carreer mode

well the first one is obvious the second one would consist out some missions (on one map or multiple maps or something)

the thirth options would give you before you begin the choice between:

admiral/captain
    governer/settler
    deity/ruler
    (some names that could be chosen)

if you pick the first option (admiral) you would play a space based game (Moo) with the planetary control given to governers that you can give guidelines.

if you pick governer you would play a planet based game (civ) and space control would be handle a la SMAC or given to the AI (admirals) to control which you can give guidelines.

if you pick deity you would do both 100% so you would play a civ game on many planets with space in between where you would play too.....

just an idea for single player! could be changed or suplimented!
    but i have no idea what size and coding wise is possible!
    Bunnies!
    Welcome to the DBTSverse!
    God, Allah, boedha, siva, the stars, tealeaves and the palm of you hand. If you are so desperately looking for something to believe in GO FIND A MIRROR
    'Space05us is just a stupid nice guy' - Space05us

Interesting, but I don't know if "career mode" would be possible.

My idea for RPG mode

When you select a faction, Social Engeneerig choices different to those listed as favourites in the Faction.txt will provoke unhappiness and emigration (you are no longer allowed to run Fundie with Lal or Knowledge with Santiago without penalties).
    Signing Commercial Treaty/Pacts with factions that manage "hated" types of SE choice will provoke, as above, unhappiness and loss of loyalty.
    You will be prized with a score bonus for your RPG playing:

i.e.: Peacekeepers:
    Peacekeeping actions(+)
    Be elected as Planetary Governor(+)
    Diplomacy Victory(+)
    Atrocities(-)

i.e.: Data Angels:
    Stealing and Gifting Techs(+)
    Bribing units/bases(+)
    Probe Victory(+)
    Martial Law Ordinances(-)
    Aslo the gods are impotent against men's stupidity --Frederich Shiller
    In my vocabulary the word "Impossible" doesn't exist --Napoleon
    Stella Polaris Development Team -> Senior Code Writer (pro tempore) & Designer

Comment

TBS RPG hybrid is a cool idea. I was thinking on how to keep it managable, my idea is that you have an "avatar" in the game universe (and also a flagship), you have the greatest control where you [your avatar/flagship] is, so when you are at a world you can give precise orders, or control battles a lot better.
      Worlds that you own, but are not currentely at, can be ordered but not given detailed orders (primarly production orders that relate to orbital operations, but you' should also be able to change economy priority/emphasis).

A simialler thing would go with space combat, you could send off a fleet to attack another player, if you go with it you have a much greater control over battles, otherwise you leave it in the hands of an AI admiral (you can still give orders, like invade this world, or blockade it, or bombard it from space, or whatever).

This would make the presence of your avatar a vital and highly limited resource, if you want to guarantee something is done right, you have to be there, but you can only be one place at once which leads to prioritisation and different styles of play.

It would also make for interesting "regicide" game modes where you win by destroying the enemy flagship / invading the capital. In other game modes when your flagship is destroyed you escape in a escape pod....

Feedback?

Comment

that is a killing idea.....great! but i has to be done so that atleast in SP you wont get killed if you lose your flagship........in MP regicide would be great...this would give you the choice to play a planet game or a space game by just moving you spaceship around
        Bunnies!
        Welcome to the DBTSverse!
        God, Allah, boedha, siva, the stars, tealeaves and the palm of you hand. If you are so desperately looking for something to believe in GO FIND A MIRROR
        'Space05us is just a stupid nice guy' - Space05us

Comment

Working...
        X