Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Graphics talk

Posted by redbull
    Meh... we can't start terrain art until we get details. Like diamond or square, what terrain etc.
    So how should it be done? Diamonds or squares? What about other issues related to graphics?

Just to mention one thing that has been previously agreed. We already know that all graphics files will be in PNG format in the StP client.

Go ahead with all the gossips related to in-game graphics.
    Last edited by Rasbelin; October 21, 2002, 05:04.
    "Kids, don't listen to uncle Solver unless you want your parents to spank you." - Solver

Squares generally look dull IMHO, but they would be easier to do. I would like to hear Aalgo's POV before making any more of an opinion though.

Comment

I think that the issue "squares vs. diamonds" is up to Blake to decide.

Both are fine by me, although I think that diamonds produce a bit more work...
      I'm not a complete idiot: some parts are still missing.

Comment

The version of the Map Builder I have is using diamond tiles, although I know there has been quite a discussion about this on the old forums.

My memory is a bit foggy on this issue, though, so I guess we'll have to wait for a reply from Blake.

Comment

I would say diamonds as I'm more used to it from Civ II unit graphics editing, but if someone wants squares and have good arguements why we should use squares, then I'm open for that suggestion as well.
          "Kids, don't listen to uncle Solver unless you want your parents to spank you." - Solver

Comment

ok are you talking about maps or unit designs? because then i would say that squaremaps are more civ like and hexagons are a bit old looking for me....
            Bunnies!
            Welcome to the DBTSverse!
            God, Allah, boedha, siva, the stars, tealeaves and the palm of you hand. If you are so desperately looking for something to believe in GO FIND A MIRROR
            'Space05us is just a stupid nice guy' - Space05us

Comment

Working...
            X