abilities

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• abilities

i dont know if there is a compiled list of these but i just though i would start a thread and list for them here......abilities that units would have inherented or added.....for armor or for weapons or what every please post them here and i will compile a list if such a list already exsist please ingore this
    (i took all Smac abilities and put them if you want them out or in please say so......some name changes would be cool too)
    Units
    AAA tracking
    Air superiority
    Ampibious Pods
    Antigrav struts
    Blink Displacer
    Carrier Deck
    Clean reactor
    Cloaking Device
    Comm Jammer
    Deep Pressure hull
    Deep Radar
    Drop Pods
    Empath Song
    Fungicide Tanks
    Heavy artillery
    Heavy transport
    High morale
    Hypnotic trance
    Nerve gas pods
    Non-Lethal methods
    Polymorphic encryption
    Repair Bay
    slow uni
    Super Former

Mine own ideas:
    ground support (airplane ability: +50% against any unit outside base)

radio disgination (ground unit ability: any airplane within a X radius recieves +30% attack of ground units)

engineer (ground unit ability: can build implacements [+50% defense] and airstrips [airplanes can land and drop troops] all engineers build thingy are automaticly pillaged after 5 turns])

airmobile[helicopter can transport 1 infantry and pick up and land every where on the map (no base or airfield/airstrip needed)]

special forces (infantry only: can pillage ones without any movement costs and have a +10% attack and defense)

there will come more please feedback
    Last edited by DeathByTheSword; October 20, 2002, 12:57.
    Bunnies!
    Welcome to the DBTSverse!
    God, Allah, boedha, siva, the stars, tealeaves and the palm of you hand. If you are so desperately looking for something to believe in GO FIND A MIRROR
    'Space05us is just a stupid nice guy' - Space05us

THIS ARE ALL JUST IDEAS MANY ARENT REALLY GOOD BUT MAYBE IT WILL INSPIRE SOMEONE ELSE

helicopterpad (ships only: can carry one helicopter)

commandbridge (ships only: give +2 morale too the ship and +1 too all ships in X radius)

Stealth (airplanes and ships (?) only: harder to see by enemy but less ammo)
    Bunnies!
    God, Allah, boedha, siva, the stars, tealeaves and the palm of you hand. If you are so desperately looking for something to believe in GO FIND A MIRROR

Comment

how about a lategame special ability: (mass)force field generator
      prevents collateral damage to all units on that square and on adjacent squares and provides +1 armor for the unit itself
      Or
      Demo Squad special weapon:
      sort of like probe teams, but they can only destroy infrastructure, facilities and destoy/damage units (destroying units being cheaper than converting)
      Truly great madness cannot be achieved without significant intelligence.
      -Henrik Tikkanen

Comment

i like them!

demo squad special weapons....some thing like the C4 that commandos have in C&C
        Bunnies!

Comment

ground support (airplane ability: +50% against any unit outside base)

could you give an example of this?
          I;m not sure if you mean that any combat by any unit outside base gets +50%, or just the unit with this ability.

radio disgination (ground unit ability: any airplane within a X radius recieves +30% attack of ground units)

(designation?)
          me likes

engineer (ground unit ability: can build implacements [+50% defense] and airstrips [airplanes can land and drop troops] all engineers build thingy are automaticly pillaged after 5 turns])

hmm, i'm actually hoping there would be a PW-system as in ctp. Then you could add an bunker improvement which is very cheap, but only lasts x turns.

airmobile[helicopter can transport 1 infantry and pick up and land every where on the map (no base or airfield/airstrip needed)]

overpowered?

special forces (infantry only: can pillage ones without any movement costs and have a +10% attack and defense)

the pillage thing sounds more like something for the engineer ability

helicopterpad (ships only: can carry one helicopter)

what's wrong with the carrier deck ability?

commandbridge (ships only: give +2 morale too the ship and +1 too all ships in X radius)

something should keep you from putting command bridge on each of your ships then, besides cost. Make it all +1, and only have a maximum of +1 effect no matter how many command ships there are.

Stealth (airplanes and ships (?) only: harder to see by enemy but less ammo)

Sort of an early cloack ability?

Demo Squad special weapon:
          sort of like probe teams, but they can only destroy infrastructure, facilities and destoy/damage units (destroying units being cheaper than converting)

i like that one too

(what is this? a duth only thread? )
          <Kassiopeia> you don't keep the virgins in your lair at a sodomising distance from your beasts or male prisoners. If you devirginised them yourself, though, that's another story. If they devirginised each other, then, I hope you had that webcam running.
          Play Bumps! No, wait, play Slings!

Comment

ground support: instead of having air-to-air weapons (like the F16 or F15) you would have air-to-ground weapons (like the A10 'warthog' tankkiller)

radio designation

about all those things that are engineer abilities....those engineer units would need to have attack abilities also....in WWII combat enigeers were more feared then tanks by the germans..this because of there heavy weapons the carried with them to protect them selves against anyone while they where blowing things up!

about the command brigde one for every 10 schips? any very expensive?

carrierdeck also allow planes this helicopter would be for sub hunting and scouting.....or something like that

why overpowered by airmobile?
            Bunnies!

Comment

Originally posted by DeathByTheSword

why overpowered by airmobile?
              I think he's referring to its ability to land anywhere on the map without an airstrip or any sort of improvement. Perhaps it could be limited by its fuel but at the same time carry more people. For instance it could start out with something like 12 units of fuel with one person taking up two units of fuel. So you could carry fewer units and travel farther or more units and be restrained to short flights. Of course 12 units of fuel isn't very much so perhaps there could be some sort of improvement to increase the max?

Comment

me and my bad english of course it would be restricted to fuel! but my idea was just transport helicopters like in vietnam!
                Bunnies!

Comment

Okay, well hey, it sounds like a good idea to me then . And maybe Lemmy was referring to something different than what I was thinking. Also, one more idea. Perhaps instead of being able to land anywhere, it can be restricted by terrain. For instance the helicopters may not be able to land in forests or on the side of mountains. Everything else could be free game though. This might also give some strategic value to terrain type. Building your base on top of a mountain could be advantageous...

Comment

me liking that
                    Bunnies!

Comment

think he's referring to its ability to land anywhere on the map without an airstrip or any sort of improvement.

yep, that was it...but it's clear now
                      <Kassiopeia> you don't keep the virgins in your lair at a sodomising distance from your beasts or male prisoners. If you devirginised them yourself, though, that's another story. If they devirginised each other, then, I hope you had that webcam running.
                      Play Bumps! No, wait, play Slings!

Comment

what about a giant drill special ability, just like blink displacer, but only have 50% chance to bypass base defenses(perimiter defense) and doesn't work against tach field (or other high level defenses)
                        Or
                        a special unit for each goverment type:
                        abolitionist: only for democracy, can incite drone riots in fundy and police state bases,
                        militia officer: only for police state, can incite drone riots in fundy and democratic bases,
                        evangelist: only for fundy, can incite drone riots in democratic and police state bases.
                        -Henrik Tikkanen

Comment

Originally posted by Mark123jansen a special unit for each goverment type:
                          abolitionist: only for democracy, can incite drone riots in fundy and police state bases,
                          militia officer: only for police state, can incite drone riots in fundy and democratic bases,
                          evangelist: only for fundy, can incite drone riots in democratic and police state bases.
                          Those three are basically the same unit... "incite drone riots in bases not having the same political system as I do"

Comment

NEW ABILITIES IDEAS:

exoskeleton (infantry only: allowes infantry to be equipped with better armor)

heavy weapons (infantry only: + modifier against rovers and tanks)

covert ops (infantry only: removes ownerscolor)
                            Bunnies!

Comment

I like this "exoskeleton" idea, limiting infantry to use lighter armors until it is availeble (maybe somewhere mid-game) could force players to chose between highly armored rovers, and lightly armored (police) infantry with a defense bonus
                              (rovers may have to be barred the perimiter defense bonus, because they can't fire from the walls, and have to go outside to fight)
                              -Henrik Tikkanen

Comment

Working...
                              X