Repository for game graphics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Repository for game graphics

This is a temporary repository thread for in-game graphics of the Stella Polaris client. The thread is primarily for graphics made by SPDT members as there's no other place for the submissions to be available for public view. I guess most of the works seen are from our Graphics Manager, aaglo.
    "Kids, don't listen to uncle Solver unless you want your parents to spank you." - Solver

You've got it right, my friend Rasbelin

Here's something to ponder on...

We have to thank Blake (and propably SDL-library) for the cool shadow this base casts. Very cool, very sexy.
    Attached Files
    I'm not a complete idiot: some parts are still missing.

Comment

Hmmm... this looks strange enough to be posted.
      Attached Files

Comment

Good lord! I didn't know that Stella Polaris is a such sexy game.

Those look good. BTW, what are those constructions?
        "Kids, don't listen to uncle Solver unless you want your parents to spank you." - Solver

Comment

They were originally done by me to a SMACX-faction called mariners. So it is supposed to be a sea-base...

Comment

I don't know if this is the proper forum, but...

In the late freeAC forums some poster was making a school project about solar system. He was interested in making this project with help of pov-ray. And he asked about how to make planets look like they actually do.

Well, I found a site that had "planet skins" - all planets except earth were included. Basically ; you take the surface of the planet, and spread it in a square area so it'll stretch from the polar areas. Here is an example of that kind of skin.

Jupiter:
            Attached Files

Comment

Now, making this kind of image map in pov-ray

#declare Jup =
              texture {pigment{image_map { png "jupiter.png" map_type 1 interpolate 2} }finish {ambient 0.1 diffuse 1} }

#declare jupiter = sphere { <0, 0, 0>, 1 texture { Jup }}

object {jupiter scale 10 }

you get this kind of Planet Very cool
              Attached Files
              Last edited by aaglo; October 3, 2002, 07:15.

Comment

...and the site? I´m not that boy but i´m interested too...
                The Party seeks power entirely for its own sake. We are not interested in the good of others; we are interested solely in power. Not wealth or luxury or long life or happiness: only power, pure power.

Join Eventis, the land of spam and unspeakable horrors!

Comment

it's the stellarium program on this site
                  Download Stellarium for free. A planetarium software that shows a 3D simulation of the night sky. Stellarium renders 3D photo-realistic skies in real time with OpenGL. It displays stars, constellations, planets, nebulae and others things like ground, landscape, atmosphere, etc.

download and install the program - there are plenty of png's.

there are at least these: luna, mercury, venus, mars, jupiter, saturn, uranus and neptune (no pluto!) - and several space objects from messier's catalog... (m1-m105)

Comment

thanks!
                    The Party seeks power entirely for its own sake. We are not interested in the good of others; we are interested solely in power. Not wealth or luxury or long life or happiness: only power, pure power.

Join Eventis, the land of spam and unspeakable horrors!

Comment

Working...
                    X