Multimapping, a "must be"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Multimapping, a "must be"

In a futuristic game where the acttion occurs in a planet that is colonized, the possibility of colonize moons and other planets of the star system should be included, just by a "mineral explotation" or terraforming it.

The best solution to this is that the game happens in a lonely life-capable planet, and it can have several moons used only for mineral explotation or strategic militar uses.

What do you think about it?
    Signature: Optional signature you may use to appear at bottom of your posts

Interesting suggestion in general, but I'm not sure how it will fit into the game. Must think about that.
    "Kids, don't listen to uncle Solver unless you want your parents to spank you." - Solver

Comment

1.you could make other maps and something like test of time (but not that because i didnt like the system but something like it)

2.you can have them in the orbital screen where you can click on them and get a much smaller map to work on.

2b. you would need special units to work there and something like spaceships moving between them (which would be moved like the orbitals of SMAC)

3.you can say you build thing on the moons without actual beign there something like how orbitals are working in SMAC

3b. (for building stuff you would need spaceships moving between them (like orbitals of smac)

i would like something like 2

btw i am in a hurry so typos and weird sentences sorry
      Bunnies!
      Welcome to the DBTSverse!
      God, Allah, boedha, siva, the stars, tealeaves and the palm of you hand. If you are so desperately looking for something to believe in GO FIND A MIRROR
      'Space05us is just a stupid nice guy' - Space05us

Comment

I find this interesting as a way to potentially limit orbital improvements to an extent. Rather than just having players build a vast number of orbital facilities, limit them to an X by X map or something of that nature. Of course, there are other ways to do that as well (if you even want to), but the maps could also act to slow orbital development a few turns by forcing extra unit builds and possibly exploration of the resource map, as well as terraform time. It also allows for bonus orbital resources.

On the other hand, multiple maps can confuse beginners and be considered a tedium by more advanced players. It's all about perception, and you can't please everyone. If you do it, then it certainly needs to be done in a way that makes the map readily available without cluttering the interface or confusing people. I guess what I'm saying is that I like the idea, but you should proceed cautiously and make it intuitive.

Anyway, I'm sure you'll here quite more than enough from both sides, but just my $0.02.
        "Beauty is not in the face...Beauty is a light in the heart." - Kahlil Gibran
        "The greatest happiness of life is the conviction that we are loved; loved for ourselves, or rather, loved in spite of ourselves" - Victor Hugo
        "It is noble to be good; it is still nobler to teach others to be good -- and less trouble." - Mark Twain

Comment

I have thinking and at first i was for actuale having space units you can move around but i was certain that having it more like SMAC would work much better because of 1) size space ships are just much bigger than e.i infantry 2) unrealitic movement if you want to keep it playable. a spaceship and orbitals move with such speed around the planets that it is impossible for us to keep it realitic and playable at the same time.

but i would like to see that you can give spaceships orders (somehow) and disigning spaceships would be cool to i dont think you would have an armada of thousands ships to control so every spaceships could be build just how you would like it!
          Bunnies!
          God, Allah, boedha, siva, the stars, tealeaves and the palm of you hand. If you are so desperately looking for something to believe in GO FIND A MIRROR

Comment

I was actually thinking more along the lines moon based facilities (like mines or farms). In terms of orbitals, you really can't do this for the reasons you just stated.
            "Beauty is not in the face...Beauty is a light in the heart." - Kahlil Gibran
            "The greatest happiness of life is the conviction that we are loved; loved for ourselves, or rather, loved in spite of ourselves" - Victor Hugo
            "It is noble to be good; it is still nobler to teach others to be good -- and less trouble." - Mark Twain

Comment

about moons based facilities i like the idea of just having smaller maps to work on

extra minerals enegry is in abundants on those moons but nutrients arent there so we would need to build some things and import. those moons wouldnt have an atmosfere so everything needs to be pressuresed and filled with air. this would give rise to some special military tactics and technology
              Bunnies!

Comment

Working...
              X