Videos for Stella Polaris

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Videos for Stella Polaris

Being director in the film workshop, I would be glad to hear from fellow Polytonians.

What films do you think would be needed ?
    What bores you in films in video games ?
    What do you like in such films ?
    What would you love to see in a film in Stella Polaris ?
    "Just because you're paranoid doesnt mean there's not someone following me..."
    "I shall return and I shall be billions"

a film for every unit chassis?
    when you discover the rover you get a film of a rover being build or being put thru test runs etc etc
    Bunnies!
    Welcome to the DBTSverse!
    God, Allah, boedha, siva, the stars, tealeaves and the palm of you hand. If you are so desperately looking for something to believe in GO FIND A MIRROR
    'Space05us is just a stupid nice guy' - Space05us

Comment

intersting, but it would take loooooong time to direct all of them. Maybe we should speak of that to aaglo, he could make some short animations for that, like on the Gazette.

Comment

Re: Videos for Stella Polaris

Originally posted by Pandemoniak

What films do you think would be needed ?
        - intro
        - one per each victory
        - one per each Wonder of the Universe

There shouldn't be too many as they would demand plenty of time as I can guess that you're busy outside this project too. And in general that would be as much as Civ II and III have, so for me as a civer it's not that important to clutter the game with plenty of videos.
        What bores you in films in video games ?
        No idea. Apparently nothing.
        What do you like in such films ?
        The videos should be focused on the subject or object, as those videos can't be too long and not too much French arthouse style can be involved too (sorry, there's plenty of those who don't like arthouse, but I'm not one of them).
        What would you love to see in a film in Stella Polaris ?
        Solver hinted that there should be sex. But if I talk more seriously, I would say that you can use pretty much your own knowledge from other games that have in-game videos, films and also your knowledge about the backgrounds of films as a semiprofessional director.
        "Kids, don't listen to uncle Solver unless you want your parents to spank you." - Solver

Comment

You need a loss video. More than one too, especially if the game has good AI so that you can have something to look forward to even after you have been destroyed.
          About 24,000 people die every day from hunger or hunger-related causes. With a simple click daily at the Hunger Site you can provide food for those who need it.

Comment

Tniem, thats not a bad idea. Though I always give up before I loose totally, and I think Im not the only person to do that.

Comment

Originally posted by Pandemoniak

intersting, but it would take loooooong time to direct all of them. Maybe we should speak of that to aaglo, he could make some short animations for that, like on the Gazette.
              In case someone is wondering, the "Gazette" remark refers to the "Planet Gazette" idea, posted by Blake, on the FreeAC Forum. Here is a link "Planet Gazette"

-Gateway103

Comment

I'm not too sure of the victory conditions for this game, but if there are different ways to win (ie: kill all opposition, be elected ruler, force others to submit, etc) then there should be a different victory video for each win type.
                I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

I guess it's quite clear now that we'll have to include loss videos for all forms of losses, like Skanky said.
                  "Kids, don't listen to uncle Solver unless you want your parents to spank you." - Solver

Comment

Video
                    Attached Files
                    I'm not a complete idiot: some parts are still missing.

Comment

Thanks, aaglo!

Looks like it's a video that shows the landing pods leaving the ship.

Comment

It seems like not many are interested by videos...

Comment

Pande - propably because we have so little to show.
                          I'm not a complete idiot: some parts are still missing.

Comment

Working...
                          X