No announcement yet.

2 types of ocean?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You'll get global warming anyway, however the file can quite easily be hex edited to fix that.
    No Fighting here, this is the war room!

Comment

Reading the Kobayashi quote, I remembered somtehing odd I had experienced long ago.
      I played Allard's "Rise of Rome" scenario as the Romans on chieftain level back then. I took Carthage, which was to disappear via changeterrain event when the town was taken. Fact was, though it disappeared from view, the city was still there, and in my hand. You could do everything you could do with a normal city, you just couldn't see it. What's even odder, I later founded a new city on top of it!
      What I didn't test back then was, is units built in the former Carthage were still there.
      And: Yes, helicopters are capable of taking ocean cities, I tested this myself.
      Follow the masses!
      30,000 lemmings can't be wrong!

Comment

Originally posted by Henrik
        You'll get global warming anyway, however the file can quite easily be hex edited to fix that.
        yeah? how?

/Spader
        The Romans had a coluseum. Why can't we have a Battle Royale island? They can take my class for starters.

Comment

http://apolyton.net/forums/showthrea...threadid=50848

Comment

Thanks but the message will still appear.
            Scenario trashed.
            Thread closed.

/Spader
            The Romans had a coluseum. Why can't we have a Battle Royale island? They can take my class for starters.

Comment

Just the GW message or the effects, too?

What about the RR or mining over water?

Also, have you experimented with Mercator's CivEngineer that changes terrain attributes of many squares in one shot? E.g. change all pollution tiles to mining tiles.
              El Aurens v2 Beta!

Comment

Originally posted by Stefan Härtel
                Reading the Kobayashi quote, I remembered somtehing odd I had experienced long ago.
                I played Allard's "Rise of Rome" scenario as the Romans on chieftain level back then. I took Carthage, which was to disappear via changeterrain event when the town was taken. Fact was, though it disappeared from view, the city was still there, and in my hand. You could do everything you could do with a normal city, you just couldn't see it. What's even odder, I later founded a new city on top of it!
                What I didn't test back then was, is units built in the former Carthage were still there.
                And: Yes, helicopters are capable of taking ocean cities, I tested this myself.
                There is a civ2 bug if you try to replace a city with water... it remains there. Replace it with land first and then water.

Comment

Yes the message will appear (I'd just edit it to say something else it's in the game.txt). But even though the message appears no new pollution appears, no terrain changes.

Comment

Originally posted by Elok
                    Hmm...just occured to me that, if you wanted to simulate rough seas further out, you could event-generate a barbarian submarine "tidal wave" unit. The only problem would be keeping it far out at sea. Don't know if that helps.
                    Interesting idea!

Got another idea, if one doesn't want to use the trireme flag or barb units for storms etc.

To simulate storms, use change-terrain events in large bodies of ocean, from ocean to ocean, which will wipe out all ships in the relevant area. Can be used to keep players unsure of large oceans, unless they want to be at risk. -could be used as a random event or something more carefully planned, i.e. specific storms that set in historically... using it in a large area could be devastating for a great fleet, if it doesn't keep out of this area. -this event has the great advantage of keeping small waters comparatively safe; could be used in combination with or without the trireme flag.

Gonna test this idea in my Armada scenario and see how it plays out !
                    The Slim End Of The Long Tail -
                    Kaplak Stream

Comment

Working...
                    X