Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Artificial Islands?

Two things;

1.) The MGE AI is too aggressive, in the sense of diplomacy. Staying out of war with any scenario opponents in SP with an MGE AI is almost impossible. In some scenarios, this is not appropriate for the millieu. A finer diplomatic touch would be preferred . . . if possible.

2.) IIRC, somebody around here stated that a design strategy to reduce general AI aggressiveness in diplomacy would be to artificially place all possible human-controlled civs on "islands." That is, to surround each player position with ocean tiles right at the very start, then later come along and change these tiles to land. It seems that if AI opponents are on different continents, they are more likely to maintain friendly diplomatic relations.

My questions;

1.) Does this work?

2.) What, exactly, are the effects? In general and specifically.
    Lost in America.
    "a freaking mastermind." --Stefu
    "or a very good liar." --Stefu
    "Jesus" avatars created by Mercator and Laszlo.

I think AndrewPLivings did that in his Crises of the New World scenario.
    I think it generally makes the AI think that the other civ is far enough away to not pose a threat.

Comment

It also means that trading between the separate nations will yield a lot of extra cash (as there that is multiplied by 2 if the other city is on a separate continent/island as I recall).
      No Fighting here, this is the war room!

Comment

Working...
      X