No announcement yet.

Has anyone seen Fairline?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm with you there are Thai food Boco, green curry and Tom Yam are excellent, if you like chillies. The cosmopolitan nature of Malaysia means you can get really great Malay food (very similar to Indonesian curries), indian and chinese in the same restaurant. I've travelled all over the Far East and the only place you don't get decent food is Vietnam - kind of reminded me of home it was so tasteless.

I haven't tried any WW1 planes before. Did you have something specific in mind? BTW I'm intrigued by this scenario you're working on for ToT (?). Is it the Brits versus the Turks in WW1?
    http://sleague.apolyton.net/index.ph...ory:Civ2_Units

Comment

Yep, it's called 'El Aurens' and has a smattering of Senussi and Hashemites as well. Early beta testing indicated it's got a ways to go. Mainly looking for a Bristol F2b (see http://apolyton.net/forums/newreply....threadid=83485).

I once made a Burmese chicken recipe that called for 40 cloves of garlic for a two serving meal. Otherwise it wasn't very spicy, but we spent the next 12 hours in reeking isolation. Stuck with Thai and Indonesian after that.
      El Aurens v2 Beta!

Comment

Originally posted by Boco

I once made a Burmese chicken recipe that called for 40 cloves of garlic for a two serving meal. Otherwise it wasn't very spicy, but we spent the next 12 hours in reeking isolation. Stuck with Thai and Indonesian after that.
        Haven't you tried the "Bagnacauda" recipe?

Fermented fish, Fontina cheese and a garlic clove for every person... Believe me when i say when people do that bagnacauda have to close every hole in their houses to avoid bad discussions with thew whole nieghboroughs... not to mention they're permabanned for a couple of days from human consortium...

Nice to see you back Fairyline!!!
        "Io non volgo le spalle dinnanzi al nemico!!!" - il Conte di San Sebastiano al messo del comandante in capo, battaglia dell'Assietta
        "E' più facile far passare un cammello per la cruna di un ago che un pensiero nel cervello di Bush!!!" - Zelig
        "Live fire, and not cold steel, now resolve battles" - Marshall de Puysegur

Comment

Indonesia is the worlds largest Muslim nation, but having lived there before, it is sufficiet to say that Islam in indonesia is not the same Islam youll find in the middle east. Most people still believe in the old pagan superstitions, and thus mainstream Islam and local religions have mixed and matched and merged. Not unlike Christianity in the U.S. really. Anyway......
          Last edited by EZRhino; April 18, 2003, 18:34.
          Sea Kings TOT

Sors salutis/ et virtutis/ michi nunc contraria,/ est affectus/ et defectus/ semper in angaria./
          Hac in hora/ sine mora/ corde pulsem tangite;/ quod per sortem/ sternit fortem,/ mecum omnes plangite!

Comment

Fermented fish, Fontina cheese and a garlic clove
            They call it Sushi in the cafeteria at work.
            El Aurens v2 Beta!

Comment

Fermented fish, Prom?? They sound lethal.

Boco: I've had a go at the F2b - its in the WW1 graphics thread. Its my first go at a ww1 plane so it may not be up to scratch.
              http://sleague.apolyton.net/index.ph...ory:Civ2_Units

Comment

Originally posted by Boco
                They call it Sushi in the cafeteria at work.
                Sushi? Nope... this one is cooked.

Yeah Fairline... it's something unbearable to smell at.
                "Io non volgo le spalle dinnanzi al nemico!!!" - il Conte di San Sebastiano al messo del comandante in capo, battaglia dell'Assietta
                "E' più facile far passare un cammello per la cruna di un ago che un pensiero nel cervello di Bush!!!" - Zelig
                "Live fire, and not cold steel, now resolve battles" - Marshall de Puysegur

Comment

@St. Fairline: your first shot is right on target.

@Promo: guess that cheesy Sushi must've been bagnafredda?
                  El Aurens v2 Beta!

Comment

Minnesotan Lutefisk
                    Sea Kings TOT

Sors salutis/ et virtutis/ michi nunc contraria,/ est affectus/ et defectus/ semper in angaria./
                    Hac in hora/ sine mora/ corde pulsem tangite;/ quod per sortem/ sternit fortem,/ mecum omnes plangite!

Comment

I remember talking to a Swede once about Lutefisk. He said he didn't know anyone other than Minnesotans that ever got near the stuff. What's the pH of that foul brew?

Fairline, I'll dig up some Martinsyde links. Thanks!
                      El Aurens v2 Beta!

Comment

Lutfisk? Didn't know it even existed outside Sweden...
                        And if you're talking about the thing you put it in in order to "transform" it to lutfisk Then the it's strong enough to make you blind if you get it in your eyes

The fish is quite good though (only ever eat it around x-mas though)...
                        No Fighting here, this is the war room!

Comment

Working...
                        X