Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PBEM advice needed

Hi all

I am planning to create a scenario about world war 1, intended for PBEM play. I will use a slightly improved map from Exile's Age of War scenario. The Graphics are almost done.
    As I haven't played lots of PBEM games, what features make for a good PBEM game?

Thanks in advance.
    Attached Files

Argh.

Not again!

Lost in America.
    "a freaking mastermind." --Stefu
    "or a very good liar." --Stefu
    "Jesus" avatars created by Mercator and Laszlo.

Comment

Don't worry Exile! This scenario won't be History part 2
      It's ww1 only, it will have its very own tech tree, different graphics and a different gameplay. I simply love that map

Comment

How making an Austro-Hungarian civ and making Spain a barbarian civ with a whole lot of defences to make her hard to conquer? That would make the game interesting and would help make it different from Age of War.

Comment

making Spain a barbarian civ
          *ahem*
          I'll act as I hadn't read that
          "Son españoles... los que no pueden ser otra cosa" (Cánovas del Castillo)
          "España es un problema, Europa su solución" (Ortega y Gasset)
          The Spanish Civilization Site
          "Déjate llevar por la complejidad y cabalga sobre ella" - Niessuh, sabio cívico

Comment

Spain was neutral in WW1 and Austria-Hungary was not. It would be more logical to make Austria a civ as it was actively involved rather than Spain. Spain could be given good defences to stop it from being invaded and the barbarians can control it.

Comment

Why not make the central powers all one civ?

Comment

I demand a playable Serbia!
                Blog | Civ2 Scenario League | leo.petr at gmail.com

Comment

My first thought was to unite the Central Powers and to make an Allied Balkan civ including Serbia, Romania and Greece. However, the Central would be too powerful that way.
                  All 7 Civs will be playable: Great Britain, France, Russia, Germany, Austria-Hungary, Turkey and Italy. The barbarians will act as Neutrals and Bolsheviks.

Comment

Working...
                  X