Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

And now for something completely different...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• And now for something completely different...

Here's the first screenshot from my latest project. Everything that is completed can be seen on it. That isn't very much, I fear, but there's much, much planned for it.
    Anybody got an idea what this could be?
    If I get it all the right way, it will be completely different to anything that has been here before... but I still need the final flash to get it that way
    Attached Files
    Follow the masses!
    30,000 lemmings can't be wrong!

impressive, some thing about ancient greece???
    what happen to your project of WWI in Africa?
    Second President of Apolytonia, and Vice-President twice
    Shemir Naldayev, 1st Ukrainian front comander at the Red front democracy gamePresidente de la Republica de España in the Civil War Demogame
    miguelsana@mixmail.com

Comment

OMG! He's going to convert the heathen saxons!

Comment

Or get raided by Vikings,

Or portray a book by Katherine Kurtz.
        "You give a guy a crown and it goes straight to his head."
        -OOTS

Comment

impressive, some thing about ancient greece???

Nope, 1000 years too early

what happen to your project of WWI in Africa?

Temporarily shelved, though not dead. I occasionally get back to it, but it grows slowly.

OMG! He's going to convert the heathen saxons!

Dream on
          We're going to explore new grounds, but we won't get radical

[edit: Argh! Mike, you're so fast! And... uh no, the Vikings won't be in the game]
          Follow the masses!
          30,000 lemmings can't be wrong!

Comment

When I looked at the screenshot my mind rapidly pictured a wonderful scen on the invasion of Ireland by the Tercios of Philip III

Comment

A scenario on the Battle of Kinsale? It doesn't look like that to me - besides, the Irish (despite the help of our gallant Spanish allies ) got hammered by the English, and what fun would that be to play?

My guess is something Irish too though. Something to do with St. Columba? A scenario about the Irish keeping the flame of knowledge alive during the dark ages, "The Island of Saints and Scholars"?
              STDs are like pokemon... you gotta catch them ALL!!!

Comment

Looks like the first scottish monastery.. Is this about St. Columba?

Comment

Iona was a famous monestary off the eastern coast of Dalriada, also known as Scotland. It was most prominent around the year 800, when the British Isles were still divided up between many powers. The only "pagan" power left at that time was Mercia. That about sums up my entire knowledge of it.

My guess is it's a scenario about the conquest of the Picts by the Scots, who were pushed out of Ireland into Strathclyde and subsequently the rest of the northern highlands.

Comment

I envision a new pacific scenary, where some Irish monasteries figth for knowlegde and influence, but with trade units and diplomats units, not with combat units. This scen is pure empire-building, and that is the reason we can label it as 'different'

I'm dreaming, I think
                    Trying to rehabilitateh and contribuing again to the civ-community

Comment

I'm betting that Stefan is going to make a scenario based on Monty Python and the Holy Grail.

*sacks poster*
                      *grumbles about work*

Comment

Let me contribute a wave file for the scenario.
                        Attached Files
                        El Aurens v2 Beta!

Comment

Originally posted by yaroslav
                          I envision a new pacific scenary, where some Irish monasteries figth for knowlegde and influence, but with trade units and diplomats units, not with combat units. This scen is pure empire-building, and that is the reason we can label it as 'different'

I'm dreaming, I think

interesting...
                          Second President of Apolytonia, and Vice-President twice
                          Shemir Naldayev, 1st Ukrainian front comander at the Red front democracy gamePresidente de la Republica de España in the Civil War Demogame
                          miguelsana@mixmail.com

Comment

Rise of the DalRiada?
                            "Io non volgo le spalle dinnanzi al nemico!!!" - il Conte di San Sebastiano al messo del comandante in capo, battaglia dell'Assietta
                            "E' più facile far passare un cammello per la cruna di un ago che un pensiero nel cervello di Bush!!!" - Zelig
                            "Live fire, and not cold steel, now resolve battles" - Marshall de Puysegur

Comment

Originally posted by Stefan Härtel
                              [edit: Argh! Mike, you're so fast!]
                              Yow - I was right? Cool!
                              "You give a guy a crown and it goes straight to his head."
                              -OOTS

Comment

Working...
                              X