DICTATOR II MGE - Coming soon!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am at an impasse.

I would like to add the German V missile, but It would mean getting rid of the Lowe super tank.

Would you all prefer to have the missile or the tank?

Also I am considering what new unit to add.

What unit would you all like to see added?

I am open to suggestions at this point.
    http://sleague.apolyton.net/index.php?title=Home
    http://totalfear.blogspot.com/

Comment

Curt, I think it's time that a WW2 scenario had two British tanks for a change. The other nations have an upgrade to a super tank - why not give the Brits an upgrade to a Comet, Firefly or, if the scenario extends beyond April 45, a Centurion. Also, I wouldn't start the scenario with a Churchill.
      http://sleague.apolyton.net/index.ph...ory:Civ2_Units

Comment

Hmm.....

Perhaps the Sherman could be buildable by the British as well.

And what is that super tank?
        The Elephant? That was a tank destroyer IIRC.
        Or the Maus? only one and a half were built during the war.

I'd say remove the super tank and that hydroplane and add the V-2 missile and a heavier Japanese tank(Chi-ri).

What about some sort of espionage unit? Saboteur and such. The Brits and the Italians used them a lot.
        "Military training has three purposes: 1)To save ourselves from becoming subjects to others, 2)to win for our own city a possition of leadership, exercised for the benefit of others and 3)to exercise the rule of a master over those who deserve to be treated as slaves."-Aristotle, The Politics, Book VII

All those who want to die, follow me!
        Last words of Emperor Constantine XII Palaiologos, before charging the Turkish hordes, on the 29th of May 1453AD.

Comment

It's official, I will add the V2 instead of the Lowe tank.
          The V-missiles were used in too great a number to not have in the scenario.

The D024 floatplane I might keep, as there is room for the Chi-ri too.

ANyone got any reference, or has it been made already?

I was initially going to use the Crusader but another post suggested the Churchill.

A Brit tank upgrade is in order.
          I could bring in the Comet or Centurion. I like the Centurion, but it is a late war design
          Making the Sherman also buildable by the Brits is good idea.

PS
          Also the new commando will have many capabilities!

Comment

You mean reference for the Chi-ri tank?

Well...

The heaviest tank used by the japs during the war was the Type 4 Chi-to:

Introduced Year : 1944
            Weight : 24 ton
            Dimensions: 6.42 x 2.87 x 2.87(h) m
            Armor (max) : 75 mm
            Speed (max) : 45 km/hr
            Engine : Diesel Engine 400 PS/1800 rpm
            Armaments : Type 5 75 mm x 1, Type 97 7.7mm x 2
            Crew : 5
            Production Qty : 6 (2 finished)

Good armor and good fire-power, but too late (sad). Its gun was converted from Bofors 75mm AA and can penetrate the front armor of M4 Sherman from 1,000m distance.
            Attached Files
            "Military training has three purposes: 1)To save ourselves from becoming subjects to others, 2)to win for our own city a possition of leadership, exercised for the benefit of others and 3)to exercise the rule of a master over those who deserve to be treated as slaves."-Aristotle, The Politics, Book VII

Last words of Emperor Constantine XII Palaiologos, before charging the Turkish hordes, on the 29th of May 1453AD.

Comment

The Chi-ri tank i mentioned was only a prototype.

Introduced Year : 1945
              Weight : 37 ton
              Dimensions: 7.30 x 3.05 x 3.05(h) m
              Armor (max) : 75 mm
              Speed (max) : 45 km/hr
              Engine : Gasoline Engine 550 PS/1500 rpm
              Armaments : Type 5 75 mm x 1, Type 1 37 mm x 1, Type 97 7.7 mm x 2
              Production Qty : Prototype only

The last tank that IJA had developed. One prototype was accomplished except for mounting a main gun when WWII was ended. Chi-Ri was planned to mount a 88mm gun, which would be converted from Type 99 88mm AA Gun.

The picture shown has no main gun.
              Attached Files

Comment

There were also rumours of a super heavy tank...

Super-Heavy Tank "O-I"
                Introduced Year : -
                Weight : 120 ton
                Dimensions: 10.0 x 4.2 x 4.0(h) m
                Armor (max) : 200 mm
                Speed (max) : 25 km/hr
                Engine : Gasoline Engine 550 PS/1500 rpm x 2
                Armaments : 105 mm Cannon x 1, Type 1 37 mm x 1, Type 97 7.7 mm x 3
                Crew : 11

Heavy armored and heavy armed tank. It is said that one prototype was being manufactured when WWII ended. However, according to an engineer concerned with it, it had been completed and was disassembled for dispatching to Manchuria. No photo nor drawing of O-I is known. Above is an imaginary picture.
                Attached Files

Comment

But the heaviest japanese tank of the war actually used was Type 3 Chi-nu. You may want to use that since it would be more historicaly accurate.

Introduced Year : 1944
                  Weight : 18.8 ton
                  Dimensions: 5.73 x 2.33 x 2.61(h) m
                  Armor (max) : 50 mm
                  Speed (max) : 39 km/hr
                  Engine : Diesel Engine 240 PS/2000 rpm
                  Armaments : Type 3 75 mm x 1, Type 97 7.7 mm x 1
                  Production Qty : 166

This tank was developed in order to cope with M4 Sherman. Its hull is the same of Chi-He and its gun was converted from Type 90 field gun. Chi-Nu was deployed in Japan proper to prevent expected Allied invasion
                  Attached Files

Comment

You may want to visit http://member.nifty.ne.jp/takixxx/tanks.htm

for more info on the Japanese army's equipment.

Comment

Brilliaint stuff, Palaiologos!

I think I will go with the Chi-nu!

The images will be a huge help in making the Japanese Tank upgrade unit!

I am in your debt!

Comment

Here is the latest version of the Units.

I am toying with the idea of giving the British a cheaper and faster UU Battleship?

Would you players want this?
                        Attached Files

Comment

I like your (?) new ship units!

Comment

Keep in mind though that the most COMMON Japanese tank was the Chi-Ha.

Visit the site for more details.

Comment

Originally posted by Palaiologos
                              Keep in mind though that the most COMMON Japanese tank was the Chi-Ha.

Visit the site for more details.
                              Will do!

Comment

Here is the info and a graphic for the type97 Shinhoto Chi-ha:

Type 97-improved Medium Tank "Shinhoto Chi-Ha"
                                Introduced Year : 1942
                                Weight : 14.8 ton
                                Dimensions: 5.52 x 2.33 x 2.38(h) m
                                Armor (max) : 25 mm
                                Speed (max) : 38 km/hr
                                Engine : Diesel Engine 170 PS/2000 rpm
                                Armaments : Type 1 47 mm x 1, Type 97 7.7 mm x 2
                                Crew : 4
                                Production Qty : 2,208 (Including "Chi-Ha")

In order to improve the anti-tank capability of Chi-Ha, a new turret mounting a high-velocity 47mm gun was loaded on Chi-Ha. Shinhoto means 'New Turret' in Japanese. Its first service in action was at Corregidor Island of the Philippines in 1942
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X