No announcement yet.

New Scenario: ''The War goes on..''

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

But not Hitler, he wanted to exterminate them. Plus, that would merely be getting rid of a scapegoat that still was useful for unifying the German people.

Comment

Hmm, this reminds me of SDC #5. Oh, wait, you guys don't know about that yet. Never mind.
      Blog | Civ2 Scenario League | leo.petr at gmail.com

Comment

Originally posted by Iron Chancellor
        Is this a world map or a smaller one?
        An idea I had when reading this post was that if Nazi Germany backed the Arab states, would the USSR have backed Israel?
        the USSR offer territories of their homeland to the jews so they could make their own country
        the territory I think it was close to actual armenia
        Second President of Apolytonia, and Vice-President twice
        Shemir Naldayev, 1st Ukrainian front comander at the Red front democracy gamePresidente de la Republica de España in the Civil War Demogame
        miguelsana@mixmail.com

Comment

Originally posted by Iron Chancellor
          Is this a world map or a smaller one?
          An idea I had when reading this post was that if Nazi Germany backed the Arab states, would the USSR have backed Israel? Perhaps then the United States would have the diplomacy to throw its support behind some of the more "moderate" Arab states and open up yet another front.
          Historically the USSR did back Israel through the Israeli War of Independence and gave Israel aircraft and weapons. The British gave the Arabs weapons.

The problem with making a Jewish state in Armenia or any place outside of Israel is that th Jews would refuse that territory as Israel has always been the Jewish homeland. It would be too much of a strech, IMHO.

Comment

Originally posted by EmuGod
            The problem with making a Jewish state in Armenia or any place outside of Israel is that th Jews would refuse that territory as Israel has always been the Jewish homeland. It would be too much of a strech, IMHO.
            ...Didn't one of the first zionist conferences (narrowly) vote in favour of a British sugestion of Uganda becoming the Jewish homeland?
            'Arguing with anonymous strangers on the internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be - or to be indistinguishable from - self-righteous sixteen year olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.'
            - Neal Stephenson, Cryptonomicon

Comment

Originally posted by Raz
              dont worry curt, iv credited you in my units file. i also have to thank you for providing the best terrain, city flags, fortresses that i could use. i particularly prefer the sqaure city flags as they look much ''cleaner'' than normal city flags.
              i found that your units in the Dictator scenario are much more detailed and more accurate than the nemo or alex units i had(especially infantry). yours looked much better than the normal WW2 units which most people use. iv noticed however that in your MGE version of dictator you've used a different style of infantry, why is this?
              Thanks!

Erm, I had various high-level summits with unit makers and Mr Dan Evilcat provided some excellent infantry.
              I wanted a change of look for the MGE version.

PS
              I want to say I am looking foward to your scenario, and that I like the multi-units a good deal!

Good show!
              http://sleague.apolyton.net/index.php?title=Home
              http://totalfear.blogspot.com/

Comment

yes Case they did, however the leader of the zionist movement at that time, Herzl, quickly realised and was told by fellow Jews that the Jews will never go to Uganda. hence the plan was quickly dropped. the only possible homeland that Jews all over the world would accept was Palestine due to its religious, historical and symbolic link to the Jewish people.
                ''Texans always move them........''
                R.E. Lee

Comment

thanks curt. i will probably finish it in a month or so. ill probably also need playtesters and help on solving problems that iv encountered.
                  btw, case whats happening with your scenario. i saw the preview a few months ago. you had multi-infantry units which is why i decided to make some myself(they looked so good!).
                  ''Texans always move them........''
                  R.E. Lee

Comment

How's the work going?

Comment

Anything new? It sounded good!
                      Only the dead have seen the end of war - Plato

Comment

Comment

Looking at the first pic, I've got a comment:
                          You shouldn't lump Iran and Turkey into an Arabic civ. They should both be neutral. Both aren't Arabic, and before 1979, Iran (politically) had no problems with Israel. The special units (SAVAK) of the Shah, Muhammad Reza Pahlevi (1941-1979) were even supported by Israel.
                          Follow the masses!
                          30,000 lemmings can't be wrong!

Comment

Originally posted by Willhelm II
                            I currently am also making a set of alternative history scenarios based on the idea of Germany winning the war myself.

One problem - the Israeli State was created after the horrors of the holocaust, some argue that if there was no holocaust there would be no Israeli Jewish state. How, in your timeline, was the decision by the Allies to grant the Jews land in Palestine?
                            The JNF had long been buying land in Palestine, since its formation in 1901, so it's possible to say that the JNF finally raised enough to buy the land from and exhausted Britain, who needed the money to fuel the war effort.

Comment

Originally posted by Stefan Härtel
                              Looking at the first pic, I've got a comment:
                              You shouldn't lump Iran and Turkey into an Arabic civ. They should both be neutral. Both aren't Arabic, and before 1979, Iran (politically) had no problems with Israel. The special units (SAVAK) of the Shah, Muhammad Reza Pahlevi (1941-1979) were even supported by Israel.
                              This is true, Iran is Persian and Turkey is non-Arabic.

As Stef says, It would be best to make these cities Neutral or somesuch.
                              http://sleague.apolyton.net/index.php?title=Home
                              http://totalfear.blogspot.com/

Comment

what the POD (point of departure)? IE when does this timeline differ from original time line? When do allies make peace.

Given that by 1943 the Soviets were vastly outproducing the germans in tanks, aircraft, etc how do the Germans manage to survive till 1948??? wonderweapons?
                                "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

Working...
                                X