No announcement yet.

History Version 1.2 (update)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I didn't know that Exile was going to "press charges" against SW. This is going to be interesting....

BTW, SW: any news on your balkan war scenario?
    Georgi Nikolai Anzyakov, Commander Grand Northern Front, Red Front Democracy Game

Comment

Is version 1.2 still very similar to Exile's Age of War? For all I know, Soundwave might have finally changed around the parts he ripped off from Exile.

Comment

As far as I can see it's the same damn thing but with a slightly stronger field artillery, a better defense value for cavalry, better defense for infantry, some different names for the same units, no more border posts on the German/Austrian border, and new art for neutral cities. IMO still a ripoff, and to make matters worse the problems of the old scenario haven't been fixed.
        Last edited by Darius871; March 7, 2003, 01:53.
        Unbelievable!

Comment

Re: Hmmmmmm.

Originally posted by Exile
          I never dreamed that someone would come into the Civ2 scenario community and STEAL someone else's work like you've done. Moreover, I hardly thought that one of mine would have been the target. Great Just my luck.
          As the old student saying goes, plagerism is the highest form of flattery
          'Arguing with anonymous strangers on the internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be - or to be indistinguishable from - self-righteous sixteen year olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.'
          - Neal Stephenson, Cryptonomicon

Comment

Oh Yeah?

I wonder how you'd feel if he'd ripped off one of yours . . . and called it his own.

In any case, I had spoken to him and we agreed that he would quietly let this abomination dissapear. Now he creates a thread on ACS talking about his next version! So he lied. But, after all, what should I have expected from this kid? His track record for honesty isn't good.
            Lost in America.
            "a freaking mastermind." --Stefu
            "or a very good liar." --Stefu
            "Jesus" avatars created by Mercator and Laszlo.

Comment

Re: Oh Yeah?

Originally posted by Exile
              I wonder how you'd feel if he'd ripped off one of yours . . . and called it his own.
              I suspect that I'd feel exactly how you currently feel.
              'Arguing with anonymous strangers on the internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be - or to be indistinguishable from - self-righteous sixteen year olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.'
              - Neal Stephenson, Cryptonomicon

Comment

i've got no interest in playing a rip off of age of war

SW, if you want to make a ripoff of someone's work, don't put it online! I've taken units and graphics from scenarios and put them into my copy of civ2, but i would never put the stuff online, have a little respect and remove the files from your post

Comment

It looks like he disappeared again anyway, so we'd need Leo to remove the files.
                  Unbelievable!

Comment

here just long enough to stir up trouble

Comment

It looks like he disappeared again anyway, so we'd need Leo to remove the files.

You need to me to whadda whoda?
                      Blog | Civ2 Scenario League | leo.petr at gmail.com

Comment

Just cut the files out of his posts and put 'flowers are purdy' or something. You don't really have to since this thread should get to the bottom soon, just an idea.
                        Unbelievable!

Comment

Comment

Working...
                          X