God's Obvious Design

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hardjoy

Sounds like a precise description of a historical situation...
    Actually not.
    The Netherlands then builded the largest navy in the world.
    TEIC

Comment

he he ... I meant the Spanish failure...

Although not many Spanish ships were actually sunk during the Armada campaign, lots were stranded in Dutch low waters, destroyed by Dutch coastal batteries and the crews slaughtered by the locals. And the English fleet nearby totally scattered the Spanish fleet. The Dutch fleet while important, was not imperative and consisted mainly of small coastal vessels, although they did prevent Parma from going to sea on his own for a long while.

Maybe I'd include a couple of missile type ship units for the Dutch to represent their coastal defenses even better? -but they ought not to be too strong, since I want a serious challenge for the Dutch player too. Already lowered the defense of naval fortresses, so that the Spanish will have some chance in breaking down the fortresses, before conquering the cities (the idea was to force the Spanish to take out the fortresses by taking the cities first, but the other might be an option too, after all)
      The Slim End Of The Long Tail -
      Kaplak Stream

Comment

Hey, just out of curiousity, when will the release version of this scenario be out? I'm really looking forward to it, and I greatly regret not being to help playtest...no time...hopefully time will free up later...
        Who wants DVDs? Good prices! I swear!

Comment

Well the scenario is just as done as it gets. The only things I'm adjusting are the little balance things. I want to use every option available to make the Spanish play a better game. The English plays a superb game, and the game is pretty challenging playing either the English, the Dutch, the Spanish or the Scots.

So I'm playing the game thru time and time again, adjusting unit statistics, unit roles, prices, placing, small game.txt fixes. There's room for one or two more events as well.

I also need to get the documentation done and find a proper title.gif.

So in a matter of weeks, probably. Got an exam assignment this week, but probably can't help playing and tidying it up anyway.
          Kaplak Stream

Comment

v1_4 uploaded
            Kaplak Stream

Comment

Url?
              No Fighting here, this is the war room!

Comment

BOOOO!!! I can't download the latest version!!! NOOOOO!!!! It says
                Apolyton

You have tried to link to an image on our site directly. Please do not use our bandwidth for your sites.

If you feel you shouldnt be geting this, dont hesitate to mail us
                when I try to dl it from CivFan. Then when I just try to type in the address, it says that the file can't be found. Can someone email version 1.4 to me @ ChapMan85@aol.com or tell me how to get the scenario?
                Who wants DVDs? Good prices! I swear!

Comment

Ok, I didn't realize linking from elsewhere would be troublesome... here's the links again

Kaplak Stream

Comment

Working...
                  X