MGE vs ToT in scenario making

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MGE vs ToT in scenario making

Those few polls we already have on comparison of these two include also people who play the regular game so it would be interesting to see what's the situation inside SLeague. ToT clearly is more advanced especially in event language but it would be usefull to get a better picture on just how many people can't play scenarios made for it.
    I only have MGE
    30.77%
    I have ToT
    53.85%
    I also have a banana
    15.38%

You didnt make it a multi-option poll, or include the 'I have both' option. Which is the case for me.

-FMK.

Comment

The second option was meant to cover also that option but seems i forgot to include it. Anyway if this is the case vote the "I have ToT"

Comment

I prefer ToT... so much more power

Comment

To no one's surprise, I think ToT is a superior product for scenario making.
          Tecumseh's Village, Home of Fine Civilization Scenarios

www.tecumseh.150m.com

Comment

If I ever make another scenario, it will use ToT and maybe even CSPL.
            Blog | Civ2 Scenario League | leo.petr at gmail.com

Comment

D'oh, voted for MGE when meant to vote for ToT.

I have it, just not installed at the moment. But ready to be inserted at a moments notice when that breakthrough scenario arrives...
              "The cost of living hasn't affected it's popularity." - Anonymous
              "I must confess, I was born at a very early age." - Groucho Marx
              "Time is the best teacher. Unfortunatley, it kills all it's pupils." -Hector-Luis Berloiz

Comment

I have both
                Georgi Nikolai Anzyakov, Commander Grand Northern Front, Red Front Democracy Game

Comment

The third option seems the best one to indicate that you have both versions - and a banana.

That ToT has more potential for scenarios is true. It just seems twice as hard to use that potential though.
                  "You give a guy a crown and it goes straight to his head."
                  -OOTS

Comment

I prefer ToT... so much more power
                    What he said.

MD, I've been away from MGE so long, I've forgotten its conveniences. The biggest difference I can remember is the lack of gfx editors in ToT. Perhaps I shouldn't try to remember, since I'm pretty sure I don't want to give up ToT's enhanced event language.

Have to admit, not being able to move that ToT UnitKey was a step backwards.

What happened to Cowboy Neal?
                    El Aurens v2 Beta!

Comment

alas it takes so much longer to create in ToT

Comment

I want to point out a little problem with ToT: you can't buy it in some countries like Spain! In fact, neither FW nor MGE have been distributed in Spain, but, fornutately enough, you can always download Credic's patch
                        Trying to rehabilitateh and contribuing again to the civ-community

Comment

ToT may have better tools and whatnot. Ones that actually make me jelous to a degree. But with the 7 people that actually play ToT, there's no way I'd make a scenario with that version of civ.

I have both as per my vote in the poll. But I have had ToT installled only once, to play one scenario and then uninstall.

-FMK.

Comment

Where I feel ToT missed out most when it came to scenario development was the lack of an in-game editor. The FW/MGE editor may have its faults, but its better than no editor at all.

That said, there have been several brilliant scenarios designed for ToT - the quality of scenarios released is far greater overall than that for MGE/FW. However this may be due to the fact that its usually only veteran designers that even attempt to work with ToT.
                            STDs are like pokemon... you gotta catch them ALL!!!

Comment

Working...
                            X