Good vs. Evil - Global WW2 1937-45 Scenario

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good vs. Evil - Global WW2 1937-45 Scenario

Ok, as all of you who clicked to visit this thread have read the subject we don´t need to explain the theme further.

1st let me answer some questions.

(1) Why again Jim Panse?

This thread will become some discussion platform where Cifer Almasy and myself will post any progress concerning the theme. I know, some (maybe most) of you will ask why Jim is doing this though he´s working on some other projects but Cifer asked me and I agreed to help him.

(2) Why 1937-45 and not 1939-45?

Well, we decided to start the game in 1937, beginning with most of our Western Historians called the "Chinese Incident" at the Marco Polo Bridge between Imperial Japanese Forces and parts of the Chinese Army. Also a longer build-up will be much more fun (i mean also diplomatic fun. imagine the "Anschluss" of Austria 1938 and the Sudeten Crisis 1938/39).

(3) Which Civs to take/leave out?

We decided to have seven moretheless playable civs and give the Neutrals to the Barbarians. Playable would be: Germany, Italy (yes you read right, Italy. Explanation below) and Japan on the one side. Great Britain, France and the USA on the other side. The USSR should be some kind of alternative ideological power. (Yeah, I played a little Hearts of Iron).

(4) Why Italy?

Well, not easy to explain but for this should become some kind of different WW2 scenario we decided to do it either with Italy as we do it with France. When the scenario kicks of Europe is divided between the 3 Ideologies mentioned above. Democracy (UK, France) with the US standing aside watching, Fascism (Germany, Italy) and the USSR. What we like to include into this scenario is the fact that Italy was some kind of decisive to the German War Machinery (Albania, Greece). For mostly these reasons we decided to make this scenario with Italy instead of e.g. China though there wouldn´t be many cities in Italy (what is the most popular reason to leave it out).

Ok, first answers are here but if you have some other ones just ask. This thread should not only inform you about the progress but should also be some kind of platform where you post your comments, ideas and critics.

Attached is the Gigamap on which the scenario will be created. It still needs some adjustments.
    Attached Files

first post, first remark:

I dont like this map - there is more space for Europe to build citys there - i see, but the this map is not designed realistic!

I really would prefer the map pap used for 2194 Giga (if were are allowed to)

the swamp terrain is replaced in the scenario, so there is a lot of swamp in Europe - but I guess it is not hard to change that.
    Attached Files
    Deutscher Meister 2004: WERDER BREMEN

Comment

ok, let´s take this one

Comment

Here's that map with the swamps removed.
        Attached Files
        Unbelievable!

Comment

thanks a lot pap. let´s see what this map look like

Comment

Btw remember that it isn't pap's map, if I recall correctly he told me Mercator made it, but I could be wrong.
            Unbelievable!

Comment

thanks! Oh i did not know who is the creator - but this is the most realsitic map, i have seen yet! (Worldmap)
              I just had to change France a bit, hope I did my job right

Comment

(1) would you mind posting the map here cifer?

(2) i just want to apologise:

darius871:
                Here's that map with the swamps removed.
                jim panse:
                thanks a lot pap. let´s see what this map look like
                darius871:
                Btw remember that it isn't pap's map, if I recall correctly he told me Mercator made it, but I could be wrong.
                sorry darius.

jim

Comment

Okay, here it is! I changed France a little and placed some cities (I really used a lot of time for the cities, but perhaps it is not completely right, though... did have to move some cities a bit to the left...ok, you ´ll see!)
                  Attached Files

Comment

ok, another map. i haven´t placed anything so far but i left 2 terrain types out: swamp and glacier.

that´s because we may use one of these two terrain types as some kind of "urban" terrain where we place the cities upon and the other as some kind of "river" terrain to impede the army´s moves.

what about this idea?

has anyone some idea about the river terrain idea?
                    Attached Files

Comment

ok terrains we may use ....
                      Attached Files

Comment

the next ones ...
                        Attached Files

Comment

this from my upcoming "Fortress" scenario
                          Attached Files

Comment

the terrain nemo used in the original 2194 days of war scenario
                            Attached Files

Comment

some more terrains ...
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X