Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stalingrad, Come and Get It!

Sort of

Well to make a long story even longer, I have decided to release what I have finnished of Stalingrad. These files were sent out as a playtest almost a year ago... Since then I have pretty much stopped working on it intensly, whilst focusing first on MP 2194, then Lebensraum-1939.

Having finnished those 2, I have gone back to Stalingrad, and made some more changes... but you knoiw what, it doesn't satify, not in the least. I find it to be amaturish and really not up to par at all. Unfortunately attempting somthing like Stalingrad as your first scenario (before ytou learn any tricks) is pretty silly. This is what you end up with. I even was shocked to see that I apparently hadn't been saving my 'build' file as a sav, but rather as a scenario file each time. Ugh... the things you do in your reckless youth.

So, I have decide to scrap this incarnation of the scenario. No more work will be done on this for a number of reasons that make continuing not worth it. The end product would always be hampered by immature design descisions made 2 years ago.

However, the people who've played it seem to like it enough, and the demand is actually bordering on the fanatical, so I present thee with four zips:

I believe the first 3 phases are somewhat playable. This is a playtest that was sent out , and of course I got feedback etc, so don't expect things to be perfect.
    I am not even sure if this is the file that has been hex edited such that global warming will not occur. If not, you'll find huge swaths of factories comming your way! Heh. Feel free to discuss it though, as I will be carrying as much as I can over to the next incarnation of this scenario. Lots of artwork will be changed as all of this is even before I knew what the Civ Pallete was. Event texts will probably carry over, but with a new map, of course specific coordinates and such wouldn't be useful. I plan on making the new map about 2-3 times bigger, and using a better thought out terrain gfx, as well as a tasty new idea I have regarding infantry. I really feel I can make a much better 'city' too. I am rather embarrased at what this thing even is but since its going to the scen graveyard anyway, I figure I might put this up for grabs as sort of an idea of what the new Stalingrad will be. Trust me, I am excited one again about this project, and am a bit more confident with designing now, thanks to hanging out with you unsavory lot.

So blah blah blah, the saga continues. Just realize that I am blindly putting these up. I haven't even looked at the zips, they've just been cluttering up my desktop. So, no guarentees that it'll satify you.

Darth, isn't it about time to redo the Kyokujitsu map and start all over again too?

Have fun guys.
    -FMK.

Comment

So there is hope for a Stalingrad v2.0?
      Georgi Nikolai Anzyakov, Commander Grand Northern Front, Red Front Democracy Game

Comment

I'm not getting anything but a Yahoo blank page.
        Tecumseh's Village, Home of Fine Civilization Scenarios

www.tecumseh.150m.com

Comment

Type in the link without the [filename].zip at the end and you end up in the right directory.
          I've managed to get the first file but the others are proving a little more difficult ...

[Edit: For some reason I can't seem to pick more than one file each time you open the page. I had to do it separately for each one. Not quite sure why.]

Comment

lol, its always something isnt it. It is intended to just be right-clicked, but I am getting either the Apolyton 'attatchment'php or 'go' of the 'all file types'. The addresses are correct, just double-checked... Whatever, geocities obviously isnt the best anway. So what should I do? I do not care to upload this to either Apolyton or CFC.

-FMK.

Edit: I can get them all by manually putting the addy in my browser window.
            Last edited by klesh; January 29, 2003, 20:26.

Comment

Is Cases scenario graveyard (I forget what its called ) still working?

Comment

Hey Kyokujitsu is perfect... I just need to finish it

Comment

Is Cases scenario graveyard (I forget what its called ) still working?
                  The Dead Scenario Office is still running, but only because I don't have to pay money to keep it going

As I'm getting ready to go on holiday (I'm leaving in under 48 hours), I don't have the time to add Stalingrad, but Rob, if you want to put it up on my lousy site let me know and I'll send you the site's geocities password.
                  'Arguing with anonymous strangers on the internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be - or to be indistinguishable from - self-righteous sixteen year olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.'
                  - Neal Stephenson, Cryptonomicon

Comment

Congratulations! I wondered if it would ever see the light of day. It looks pretty cool. I'm wondering if the bat file will work properly with a WinXP OS? So far, most of the files seem to have been recopied OK - I'll let you know.

www.tecumseh.150m.com

Comment

Originally posted by Case

The Dead Scenario Office is still running, but only because I don't have to pay money to keep it going
                      What a good idea. Unfortunately, I have some contributions to make for inclusion.
                      "You give a guy a crown and it goes straight to his head."
                      -OOTS

Comment

Originally posted by techumseh
                        Congratulations! I wondered if it would ever see the light of day.
                        This is hardly what I want for the scenario, but I get PMs and emails on a daily basis from people I dont know. Hopefully this will appease them.

I'm wondering if the bat file will work properly with a WinXP OS? So far, most of the files seem to have been recopied OK - I'll let you know.
                        I think attachment will solve your problem. I cant seem to find the info on where it goes in your directories... This was posted awhile ago, but I've lost the installation instructions.
                        I'll see if I can find that.

-FMK.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Thanks, I installed it some time ago when DV posted it. It allows the bat file to actually operate, but it often doesn't operate properly after the first time.

www.tecumseh.150m.com

Comment

THANKS! I love you, FMK (in a strictly non-romantic, non-sexual, and even non-emotional way!)
                            Finally, the suicide rate of the Civ2 community may fall!
                            Last edited by Insurgent; January 30, 2003, 12:44.
                            No enterprise is more likely to succeed than one concealed from the enemy until it is ripe for execution.
                            - Niccolo Machiavelli
                            LA GUERRA - The Colombian Civil War 1974-2002 IS OUT NOW!
                            CLICK HERE FOR THE OFFICIAL DISCUSSION THREAD AND DOWNLOADS!

Comment

So can we expect a Stalingrad version 2.0 or do I have to finish this for you?

Comment

Working...
                              X