SDI (not Bush's)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SDI (not Bush's)

Does the Civ2 SDI improvement double the defender against ground domain missiles?
    El Aurens v2 Beta!

spam

^
    |
    A question I've never asked myself but which is indeed a very good question...
    Follow the masses!
    30,000 lemmings can't be wrong!

Comment

Err, I thought that SAM battery did that. I am pretty sure that SDI has no effect on any kind of missile. Feel free to correct me.
      Blog | Civ2 Scenario League | leo.petr at gmail.com

Comment

Rats!

Only air missiles trigger the @BATTERY popup, and it doesn't appear that the defense factor is enhanced v. ground missiles. Didn't realize that the test would be so straightforward.

Edit: oops! I had to interrupt my reply above to keep the pasta pot from boiling over. Didn't see your reply St Leo. I think it goes as follows when air units attack cities.

Air units attacking fighters trigger the @SCRAMBLE popup. (x2 v fighter, x4 v bomber). Don't know if the defending fighter's domain is important.

SAM improvement triggers @BATTERY if the defender is not a fighter. (x2)

SDI improvement triggers @BATTERY if the attacker is a (air) missile. (x2)

SDI and SAM together trigger @BATTERY2 if the attacker is a (air) missile. (x4)

Don't know how AEGIS works in combo with any of these.
        Last edited by Boco; December 23, 2002, 22:20.
        El Aurens v2 Beta!

Comment

Working...
        X