Pharaoh Update...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Stefan Härtel

Well, if I started earlier with "Pharaoh", that'd be propably around 1800/1700 BC or so. That'd have the Kassites replaced by the Babylonians, and the Mitanni by some Proto-early imperial Assyrian civ which would be based much more to the north. It'd be a mess if I tried to introduce the Mitanni then (the Kassites wouldn't be much of a problem). I'm not saying it's impossible (perhaps if I excluded the Greeks entirely), but it would need some careful planning.
    If you need to create a new Mittani state right out of "thin air", check out Tecumseh's tip below. In "Red October" (http://www.tecumseh.150m.com/) he very cleverly was able to create a brand new Polish state in the middle of Central Europe at the end of WW1. This was done with ToT, but I'd be willing to bet you could perform similar magic with FW/MGE.

The problem was to have the Polish state come into existance upon the defeat of the Central Powers in November 1918, 12 turns into the game. A Polish settler was placed in a remote ocean square, inaccessable to naval units. The Central Powers were given the Leonardo's wonder (renamed the Social Democratic Party). At the time of the armistice, they were given technologies which turned all their units into very weak 'deserter' units.

The same turn, strong Polish units were created by events adjacent to all the future Polish cities, along with a 'make aggression' event. Using ToT events language a mask was created to prevent negotiation between Poland and the Central Powers. This was changed one turn later by a 'Negotiator' event which then allowed a Polish-Central Powers treaty - after the Poles had captured all their target cities. The result is a new and powerful state is created where none existed the previous turn.
    To La Fayette, as fine a gentleman as ever trod the Halls of Apolyton

From what I understand of that Civ game of yours, it's all about launching one's own spaceship before the others do. So this is no big news after all: my father just beat you all to the stars once more. - Philippe Baise

Comment

Working...
    X