No announcement yet.

2194 Gigamap Version 0.7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

With the no limits patch I thought the max units number was increased, that might be it...

Pap

Comment

again i can only guess pap. i installed the mpg version i found in the www and don´t know if the no limits patch was included.

but when i´m playing civ2 and i´m about constructing a lot of units (beyond the ominous 320) i always got the message "there are too many units. try disbanding some".

Comment

Don't know for sure Jim, I am going to guess that maybe with the newer versions, FW and MGE that the number was increased also.

Pap

Comment

Originally posted by jim panse
          but when i´m playing civ2 and i´m about constructing a lot of units (beyond the ominous 320) i always got the message "there are too many units. try disbanding some".
          320 isn't the unit limit its a LOT higher (around 2500 I think)
          The only limit that's that small is the city limit (255).
          No Fighting here, this is the war room!

Comment

Originally posted by yaroslav
            Hi all!

I'm working on the pillage problem, so I ask anybody that is suffering problems with pillage dialogue to download this modified .scn file, put it on the 2194 folder (version 0.7) and start a scenario as Japan in order to try the dialogue thing
            Bad news the dialogue still does not work for the pillaging. Dam I was hoping this would work!
            *"Winning is still the goal, and we cannot win if we lose (gawd, that was brilliant - you can quote me on that if you want. And con - I don't want to see that in your sig."- Beta

Comment

Originally posted by conmcb25

Bad news the dialogue still does not work for the pillaging. Dam I was hoping this would work!
              Well, it was only the first try. I'll try a new file soon
              Trying to rehabilitateh and contribuing again to the civ-community

Comment

Yaro

You are my new HERO!
                *"Winning is still the goal, and we cannot win if we lose (gawd, that was brilliant - you can quote me on that if you want. And con - I don't want to see that in your sig."- Beta

Comment

I believe Yaroslav and I have discovered the problem of the Pillaging dialog box not working.

And you aren't going to believe how simple this is!

It lies in the NAME of the folder you use for the scenario.

I believe if you have numerals and or periods it screws up the way the game sees the scenario or something.

Yaro and I were trying to figure out why we could not get the Pillage dialog when we tried to pillage.

And we stumbled upon it. My name for the latest version was "0.7 Giga".

When I changed it too Giga Ver Seven, guess what the pillaging dialog worked.

So Im guessing a numeral or a period in a scenario folder name screws it up somehow.

This is also true in other scenarios. For instance the name of my colonies folder for Pbem was "Colonies 3.2"

I changed the name of the folder to "Colonies PBEM" and guess what the diplomatic dialog worked!

And that is the first time I got the diplomatic dialog in years! (For
                  this scenario)

So could someone who is having the pillaging problem please change the scenario folder name to something WITHOUT numerals or periods and let me know if that works so we can confirm this!

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by conmcb25
                    I believe Yaroslav and I have discovered the problem of the Pillaging dialog box not working.

And you aren't going to believe how simple this is!

It lies in the NAME of the folder you use for the scenario.

I believe if you have numerals and or periods it screws up the way the game sees the scenario or something.

Yaro and I were trying to figure out why we could not get the Pillage dialog when we tried to pillage.

And we stumbled upon it. My name for the latest version was "0.7 Giga".

When I changed it too Giga Ver Seven, guess what the pillaging dialog worked.

So Im guessing a numeral or a period in a scenario folder name screws it up somehow.

This is also true in other scenarios. For instance the name of my colonies folder for Pbem was "Colonies 3.2"

I changed the name of the folder to "Colonies PBEM" and guess what the diplomatic dialog worked!

And that is the first time I got the diplomatic dialog in years! (For
                    this scenario)

So could someone who is having the pillaging problem please change the scenario folder name to something WITHOUT numerals or periods and let me know if that works so we can confirm this!

Thanks!

I've done some test and I can confirm that it's the period; this makes sense, because the period is a spceial character (extension separator) on Windows
                    Trying to rehabilitateh and contribuing again to the civ-community

Comment

Working...
                    X