Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Dark Side Beckoneth

Just so we're clear that this is "On Topic":

I fought like hell to keep the Sleeg from being dragged into the Civ2 forum, but Markos DID promise that we could discuss ANY other game....so.....

The wife flew off to New York last weekend, leaving me with the prospect of two whole days of uninterrupted scenario development. Ah Bliss! And then my son drags in some new game and says "check this out"......and all I can say after 48 hours with little food or sleep is.....

Medieval Total War absolutely KICKS A$$!!
    To La Fayette, as fine a gentleman as ever trod the Halls of Apolyton

From what I understand of that Civ game of yours, it's all about launching one's own spaceship before the others do. So this is no big news after all: my father just beat you all to the stars once more. - Philippe Baise

got any screen shots you care to share with us? I don't know a single thing about the game

Comment

I wish I could have seen the wife/mother expression when she returned!

Ditto the request about a screenshot.

In general, I'd be interested in seeing info about any good game for which scenarios can be designed. Does that lie 'on topic'?
      El Aurens v2 Beta!

Comment

I really enjoy this game/series as well. I played the Shogun one for quite awhile and this is a rare instance where they kep the good things and improved on the bad.

I really enjoy the way they merged RTS and TBS together. Very tasty.

I especially enjoy racing to the demi-culverins... get them before anyone else does. Ammas them in such numbers that they cannot be stopped, their fear factor will cause you to win every battle. They will simply shred the enemy ranks. I fancy lining up 6 on a hill, and just defending them to death. Rarely will the AI get the cahones to make a run for them, but if he does, he meets several rows of pikes etc.

I wholeheartedy suggest this game to players out there. Lemme go find a few screenies at the official site... brb

-FMK.

Comment

Don't take my word for it - check out the Demo:

And yes Boco, there are moddable features - but I'm not sure about the scenario aspects just yet.

As good as this is, I tremble in fear for the day when (if?) they release an "Ancient Era" version.....if I can recreate the Battle of Kadesh at this level...god help me....they'll need a crowbar to pry me out of this chair!
          To La Fayette, as fine a gentleman as ever trod the Halls of Apolyton

From what I understand of that Civ game of yours, it's all about launching one's own spaceship before the others do. So this is no big news after all: my father just beat you all to the stars once more. - Philippe Baise

Comment

Okay everybody, here are some shots from the gallery at totalwar.com:

This is a shot of one part of the European map. This is the TBS phase of the game where you move these armies about the map. Actual battles take place when 2 oppsing armies are in the same province.

Here is a shot of a massive battle raging in one of the provinces. From what I can tell, there is like 7 nations fighting here. It rarely gets this confusing, but when it does (once every game maybe) there is a real feeling of an epic event occuring...

This here is a rather zoomed in shot of a castle seige. Castles are things you construct within a province. If you have a standing army in the province when an enemy invades, you have the option to immediatly retreat to the castle to buy time for sending reinforcements. Castles themselves have a series of upgrades to their construction and armaments.

There's plenty more at the site for your viewing pleasure.

-FMK.
            Last edited by klesh; December 14, 2002, 12:47.

Comment

Medieval Total War absolutely KICKS A$$!!

Bah, Crusader Kings will 0wn the said posterior once it is released.
              Blog | Civ2 Scenario League | leo.petr at gmail.com

Comment

Hey is it me, or is only one of the 5 pics I posted showing up?

Comment

You are correct. Only one is showing up.
                  Blog | Civ2 Scenario League | leo.petr at gmail.com

Comment

1 pic per post.
                    Tecumseh's Village, Home of Fine Civilization Scenarios

www.tecumseh.150m.com

Comment

That's a rule?
                      Georgi Nikolai Anzyakov, Commander Grand Northern Front, Red Front Democracy Game

Comment

Originally posted by techumseh
                        1 pic per post.
                        that's for attachments, you can link to as many in a post as you want

Comment

Yeah I thought so H Tower
                          Georgi Nikolai Anzyakov, Commander Grand Northern Front, Red Front Democracy Game

Comment

right, I used the [img] tags [/img}. I've never thought there was a limit on those. Lemme try editing to display 4...

-FMK.

Comment

Strange.. It wont display moire than 1 image, even though they are all properly linked via img tags. I suppose this is something new? Anyway, helluva game. What are some of your favourite aspects Kull?

-FMK.

Comment

Working...
                              X