No announcement yet.

Something New This Way Cometh

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is operation "Greif" going to be implemented?
    "Military training has three purposes: 1)To save ourselves from becoming subjects to others, 2)to win for our own city a possition of leadership, exercised for the benefit of others and 3)to exercise the rule of a master over those who deserve to be treated as slaves."-Aristotle, The Politics, Book VII

All those who want to die, follow me!
    Last words of Emperor Constantine XII Palaiologos, before charging the Turkish hordes, on the 29th of May 1453AD.

Comment

I think 168 turns is by far too many.
      "Military training has three purposes: 1)To save ourselves from becoming subjects to others, 2)to win for our own city a possition of leadership, exercised for the benefit of others and 3)to exercise the rule of a master over those who deserve to be treated as slaves."-Aristotle, The Politics, Book VII

All those who want to die, follow me!
      Last words of Emperor Constantine XII Palaiologos, before charging the Turkish hordes, on the 29th of May 1453AD.

Comment

Originally posted by Palaiologos
        This is scenario creation... this is not a democracy!

Comment

Sorry FMK

sorry FMK, you´re right. darth veda is to blame

Comment

Originally posted by BeBro

Nearly, only Rhine = Rhein in German
            That'll teach me for being a know-it-all

slightly OT: has anyone played Close Combat IV - its a good source for maps and units for the Battle of the Bulge
            http://sleague.apolyton.net/index.ph...ory:Civ2_Units

Comment

IMHO, this operation is best represented by a two-unit battle on a medium-sized world map.
              Blog | Civ2 Scenario League | leo.petr at gmail.com

Comment

Originally posted by DarthVeda
                Not feasible with the # of turns I have planned.

12 hours a day * 14 days = 168 Turns.
                Erm, yeah that is a bit on the large side

Originally posted by St Leo
                IMHO, this operation is best represented by a two-unit battle on a medium-sized world map
                Only if both the unit's graphics are crudely modifed versions of the default Civ 2 Armor unit
                'Arguing with anonymous strangers on the internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be - or to be indistinguishable from - self-righteous sixteen year olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.'
                - Neal Stephenson, Cryptonomicon

Comment

Hey if you can come up with a way to have more than one turn each "year" but less than 12 months I'd certainly like to hear it...

Comment

Only if both the unit's graphics are crudely modifed versions of the default Civ 2 Armor unit

What do you mean by "modified"? Real scenarios keep the Civ2 Armor - just ask Markos.

Comment

No WW2 era armor unit could possibly be considered complete without a 9 pixel flag added with MS paint (cool gunflashes are strictly optional)
                      'Arguing with anonymous strangers on the internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be - or to be indistinguishable from - self-righteous sixteen year olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.'
                      - Neal Stephenson, Cryptonomicon

Comment

So are there going to be batch file changes for day/night?
                        Georgi Nikolai Anzyakov, Commander Grand Northern Front, Red Front Democracy Game

Comment

maybe

Comment

Just apply a -50% Brightness filter on everything for nocturnal graphics.

Comment

I assume from the unit you posted Darth, that this will be an MGE scenario?

What does the map look like, I assume the eventual goal would be Antwerp, no?

-FMK.

Comment

good nite Irene

Originally posted by St Leo
                                Just apply a -50% Brightness filter on everything for nocturnal graphics.
                                Hmmmm. No dice. It is a great idea, but it'll alter the pallete to something that civ doesnt like of course. You could go in and manually recolour (or using the pallete method) all of the pixels to a few shades darker.
                                Attached Files
                                Last edited by klesh; December 11, 2002, 17:27.

Comment

Working...
                                X