Scenario creators needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ravagon
    If you look carefully you'll see that the first civ is America.

<--- American flag

As a matter of interest how far through is this project? How long to the playable demo stage for example?
    A very early Alpha (and a small update) was released almost a couple months ago. Athough it has obvious problems, it also has functional multiplayer.

I suggest waiting for the next Alpha version that I'm working on now, which will be out within a week or two.
    It will be a full download anyways, not an update.

I am nearly working full-time on this project, and I hope to have it finished during Q1 2003.

If you guys are interested, I'll do what I can to get this next version out as soon as I can, so that I can get help with the scenarios and with fixing the game itself.

Comment

Originally posted by ravagon
      If you look carefully you'll see that the first civ is America.

Ahhhh, touché.

Comment

I have finished the update I was talking about. The game now also finally has a real name: Global Contention.

The zip file (including scenario editor) is less than 2mb, so please give it a try even if you are only somewhat interested.

Unfortunately I only had time to make one quick scenario, Battle of Britain. It's very innaccurate and unpolished. You can still play random maps of course, so this doesn't mean there's nothing to do after you download . Anyway, this is close to how the scenario starts out:

(u can tell by the screenshot that i need some help with this )
        Attached Files

Comment

this shot is of the game setup screen. it shows all the options available for each game.
          Attached Files

Comment

here's the game setup screen after 'scenario...' is selected. notice u cant modify the items in the white area. they are the scenario-specific settings that cannot be changed.

i am now updating everything for multiplayer, and you will of course be able to play scenarios in multiplayer, so keep that in mind
            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by neonext
              Unfortunately I only had time to make one quick scenario, Battle of Britain. It's very innaccurate and unpolished. You can still play random maps of course, so this doesn't mean there's nothing to do after you download . Anyway, this is close to how the scenario starts out:
              I'm dling as I post this but it may be a while before I get the chance to do much with it as I'm in the middle of a bit of a computer crisis (yes another one of those ) at present.

PS: Don't feel too bad about the map. At least you didn't put the Uk just off Gibralter like some developers.

Comment

thanks to you and anyone else who downloads and gives it a try.

i have already played the Battle of Britain scenario in multiplayer over the LAN here. it was fun, but not as fun as the random map mode because not enough time was put into the scenario. i'm really starting to like the idea of multiplayer vietnam and multiplayer ww2 (with up to 8 players, that would be nice!)

all the game features are tying together nicely. the AI needs a little more work, but it's very cool playing with someone else and 6 other AI's (very hard too, but getting beaten by the AI is always a good thing)

Comment

R u still looking for people to do some senarios for u? if u r im interested......

Comment

yes I am definitally still in need of scenario creators. the scenario editor should be compatible with the up and coming multiplayer update, so no converting will be necessary. just keep in mind the multiplayer aspect of the scenario, as all scenarios will be able to be played in multiplayer. unfortunately sea units are not in the game yet, so that limits the range of scenario possiblities a little, but there are still plenty to be done.

any ideas on what you would like to create?

Comment

Working...
                    X