Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

about the subs: Whoops, guess I wasn't paying much attention

Comment

to case: on a certain page in the www (http://www.ibiblio.org/hyperwar/USA/USA-P-PI/USA-P-PI) you may find out - just as i did - that there were some 75mm guns deployed to the philippines.

"These reinforcements reached MacArthur before the end of September. The arrival of the 200th Coast Artillery Regiment (AA) gave him 12 additional 30-inch guns, 24 37-mm. guns, and a similar number of machine guns. Armored reinforcement consisted of the 192d and 194th Tank Battalions each with 54 tanks. And he could count on 25 more 75-mm. guns on self-propelled mounts (SPM) already en route and due to arrive in Manila on 15 October." (taken from the page i´ve talked above)

i don´t want to offend you and your knowledge but believe me: i (mostly) think about what i´m doing (also when i´m designing some units or stuff like it....)

that´ll be all for now

Comment

Yeah, they were 75mm howitzers not AT guns. The two weapons were very different beasts.

Here's a picture:
        'Arguing with anonymous strangers on the internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be - or to be indistinguishable from - self-righteous sixteen year olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.'
        - Neal Stephenson, Cryptonomicon

Comment

M-3 75mm GMC

i guess we may call this a compromiss?!
          Attached Files

Comment

not a whole lot of need for 75mm antitank guns, japanese tanks were few and far between, not to mention light tanks anyways

Comment

Originally posted by jim panse
              to tanelorn: let me add one other thing at least: i´m looking forward to create an epic scenarion of one of the turning points in the pacific theatre: the battle of Guadalcanal during my x-mas holidays. may i recall then to use some of your beautiful planes for this gigantic battle?!
              Be my guest. I 'll keep adding stuff I make to Case's thread. I 've already done some more Japs.
              "Whoever thinks freely, thinks well"
              -Rigas Velestinlis (Ferraios)
              "...êáé ô' üíïìá ôçò, ôï ãëõêý, ôï ëÝãáíå Áñåôïýóá..."
              "I have a cunning plan..." (Baldric)

Comment

Re: M-3 75mm GMC

i guess we may call this a compromiss?!
                Wow - that's a fantastic unit!
                'Arguing with anonymous strangers on the internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be - or to be indistinguishable from - self-righteous sixteen year olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.'

Comment

Wow, too!

Comment

look at that

some kind like this i imagine the japanese landing in the Lingayen gulf on dec. 22nd, 1941.

covered by a far support group consisting of the Haruna and the Kongo, the main japanese landing forces begin attacking the allied positions in the gulf of Lingayen.

playable should be both civs, the USAFFE and the Japanese 14th Army.

till later
                    Attached Files

Comment

Hm... prior to reading this thread, I've always asked myself who the hell McArthur was
                      I still don't know what was so special about him, but now I've at least got an idea who he was, when he lived and what he did.
                      Follow the masses!
                      30,000 lemmings can't be wrong!

Comment

Is it just me or do the fronts of the ships look cut off
                        Georgi Nikolai Anzyakov, Commander Grand Northern Front, Red Front Democracy Game

Comment

Yeah, they look cut off to me as well.

BTW, here's an M3-Stuart made by Jimmywax
                          Attached Files

Comment

Re: look at that

some kind like this i imagine the japanese landing in the Lingayen gulf on dec. 22nd, 1941.
                            Great!
                            But:
                            Somehow I dont think that the flying dragon (Ki 67 Hiryu "Peggy") was even on the air before 12/7/1942. Even so, it was not operational till 1944.
                            DarthVeda has a "Sally" on the Kiokitsu thread.

Comment

Your ships look like they may be a little too long, and they go below the diamond, but I don't really know.

Possible alternatives for the Ki-67 Hiryu is the G4M Betty Bomber or the B5N Kate Torpedo Bomber.

I doubt you'll use the Torpedo Bomber, but those were the main bombers for the Japanese at the time, if you need the graphic to the G4M I have one made by DarthVeda that I am using in my 2194 scenario.

Pap

Comment

About the G4M "Betty", aircraft were not delievered to squadrons till April 1941. In my mind "Betties" are linked with the Solomon islands campaign, August 1942. What about the G3M "Nelly" that sunk the "Repulse" & "Prince of Wales"?
                                BTW, I have posted more Jap bombers at "Graphics Showcase" during the weekend.

Comment

Working...
                                X