Help needed with mapedit tools

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help needed with mapedit tools

I need some help with using those fancy map editting tools (bmp2mp, MapEdit, you know). I simply proved too stupid to use them.
    Attached is an extract from Harlan's Greater Europe map that came with one of those tools, out of which I would like to make a map for a scenario. Don't pay any attention to the terrain, I will change that once I have a decent map.
    Now, how the hell am I going to make a Civ2 map out of it (assumed I got the color palette and all that right -which I don't, assistance needed here as well)?
    Now, I don't want any fancy explanations; No technical terms; I don't want no oversized gigamegasupermap, I want a simple Civ2 map that anyone can open and freely edit in the normal Civ2 map editor, for use as basis in a scenario.
    FYI, I'm using Adobe Photoshop 5.0 LE, Jorrit Vermeiren's MapEdit and GigantiByte's Bmp-2-map programme (version 1.21), Windows 2000, Windows Explorer and Civ2 FW.
    Attached Files
    Follow the masses!
    30,000 lemmings can't be wrong!

1. Pick the desired map area. 10000 is the maximum, 9000 is large, 4000 is normal, and 2000 is small.

area = widthcurrent/x * 2*heightcurrent/x

2. Solve for x. I use trial and error myself, but it's not a difficult equation.

widthnew = widthcurrent/x
    heightnew = 2*heightcurrent/x

3. Resize the graphic in Photoshop.

4. Launch MapEdit 2.0 and load the bmp.

5. Save as the Civ2 map.

6. This is all just a guess.
    Blog | Civ2 Scenario League | leo.petr at gmail.com

Comment

Working...
    X