Extra techs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Extra techs

Ok, let's establish one point first: I am an idiot.
    Now someone tell me how to make the extra techs useable! I renamed em set requisites to Nil, but they refuse to be available for research or Tech Editing under the cheat menu. Now someone please oh please tell me what the problem is.
    "Live Long and Profit"

It surprised me to find out relatively recently that the extra tech' slots in the original Civ2 (that is - before the add on packs of 'Conflicts in Civilizations', 'Fantastic Worlds', the 'Multi-player Gold Edition', and 'Test of Time') didn't seem to work. I suspect this is your problem if you have not used one of the add-on packs or patches.

Comment

I got MGE
      "Live Long and Profit"

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by Voltar on 01-21-2001 10:23 PM
        Ok, let's establish one point first: I am an idiot.
        Now someone tell me how to make the extra techs useable! I renamed em set requisites to Nil, but they refuse to be available for research or Tech Editing under the cheat menu. Now someone please oh please tell me what the problem is.

I have MGE and have used the extra techs on several occasions - what you are doing should work. At the risk of insulting you, let me ask the following questions.
        1) Are you using "Nil" or "nil"?
        2) When looking to see if your tech is included, are you scrolling to the bottom of the list?
        3) Are you certain you are editing the correct rules.txt?

Again, sorry if I've insulted you, but you did claim to be an idiot, so let's look for the simple solutions first.

Comment

I'm using "nil" is that right? Becauause the early techs use lower caps. I am editing the right rules.txt file
          Yes I went over the whole list at least three time
          "Live Long and Profit"

Comment

What say you post the tech part of the rules.txt?

Comment

Working...
            X