Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone up for creating a cool scenario co-design?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone up for creating a cool scenario co-design?

I was thinking about a remake of the Age of Discovery scenario... this time for the GIGA map

the rules are: it's a co-production! the rules for the game and the map and civ design are made by both the creator and me. I changed the map a bit, the new one is to be used for the scenario, I'm of course open for suggestions

so, is anyone willing to get in a scenario co-design?

oh, and there's still my middle east 1979 scenario idea waiting for a creator...

oh, I hope everyone here has played Age of Discovery....

you know, that 1492-17?? scenario... world map etc...

Comment

I loved conquering the world as the Dutch in that scenario....

Anyhow, I'd do for a playtester, but I have a project of my own that I need to finish...
      *grumbles about work*

Comment

quote:

I loved conquering the world as the Dutch in that scenario....

yeah, me too. but after capturing western europe it got boring

Comment

Polaris and I were kinda tossing that idea back and forth a while ago (but not with a giga map). I dunno if he's still working on it though. If he doesn't mind, I could give away some of the ideas I had for it...
          Administrator at
          www.quantum9.com
          Visit the forums!
          www.quantum9.com/forums

Comment

I got around to conquering Eurpe and most of Asia... I was also preparing a massive fleet, but it got boring from there...

There must be something wrong with a scenario when you can win starting from 1 city...
            *grumbles about work*

Comment

If you need sounds arrangements from Theocracy or Shogun Demo Playetest version, I'm here...
              "Io non volgo le spalle dinnanzi al nemico!!!" - il Conte di San Sebastiano al messo del comandante in capo, battaglia dell'Assietta
              "E' più facile far passare un cammello per la cruna di un ago che un pensiero nel cervello di Bush!!!" - Zelig
              "Live fire, and not cold steel, now resolve battles" - Marshall de Puysegur

Comment

I disagree, there's something very right with that scenario.

------------------
                St. Leo
                http://ziggurat.sidgames.com/
                http://www.sidgames.com/forums/
                Blog | Civ2 Scenario League | leo.petr at gmail.com

Comment

Not if you're playing the Dutch.

Portugese, I could believe...but Dutch?

:P

Seriously, though, I'd love to play test this.

khanmaned@hotmail.com

Ducking and Running,
                  KhanMan
                  Odin, Thor, and Loki walk into a bar together...
                  -KhanMan

Comment

OK, perhaps I can get some stuff sorted out with PolarisGL

playtest, playtest, huh? I have to make it first

and good players will of course be able to conquer the world starting from one city

oh, and I'm not going to erase any small islands in order to keep the continent amount down.... bad aI behaviour? well, I'm going to make it a MP scenario

Comment

oh, and the portuguese will start with 3 cities, the dutch still with 1

spanish are going to start with about 5 or 6 cities, french with 5 and the english with 4 cities

66 cities for the neutrals and 55 cities for the indians

but they don't count!

Comment

The Dutch want at least as many cities as the Portuguese. Actually we even want 4 cities. That should fit on a mega-map.

Comment

no, the maximum for dutch cities is 2

1 of them is owned by the spanish in the beginning, the other one's amsterdam

also, the portuguese were more powerful back to then, so they're going to start with more cities

Comment

I'd suggest that you give the Dutch twoo cities, the Spanish no Dutch cities-it would be inaccurate to give them either only one or all anyways. And in that case, this would be more accurate. Just try to associate them with the Spaniards as closely as possible at the beginning and then let them make war with each other later on like in Jesús Balsinde's "Age of Thunder".
                            Follow the masses!
                            30,000 lemmings can't be wrong!

Comment

ok, I'll see what I can do about Stefan's proposal

Comment

Working...
                              X