A Humble Request to Map Makers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Humble Request to Map Makers

I wish I could put this together myself, but I haven't got the talent. I would like to construct a scenario about the Warring States period in Japan (somewhat similar to MP's "Samurai".) However, the supplied map of Japan just isn't detailed enough.

Therefore, I'm placing this open request to any map designer. The only areas I need on the map are the three south islands of Japan (Honshu, Kyushu, and Shikoku). The MP map includes Hokkaido, which was basically unpopulated and unnecessary to include at the time of the scenario, and Korea, which did not become a factor until Japan was already united.

Any takers?
    ----------------------------------------
    EchoPapa's scenarios are available at the ACS Mac Site
    and
    Visit the Institute for Naming Children Humanely at inch.stormpages.com

Me. I'm working on a Japan map for my Gempei scen. But you'll have to wait for four-five days...
    "Io non volgo le spalle dinnanzi al nemico!!!" - il Conte di San Sebastiano al messo del comandante in capo, battaglia dell'Assietta
    "E' più facile far passare un cammello per la cruna di un ago che un pensiero nel cervello di Bush!!!" - Zelig
    "Live fire, and not cold steel, now resolve battles" - Marshall de Puysegur

Comment

No problem, I need to wait until I'm back in Iowa City and can get the resources for my scenario anyway. Send it over to me at michael-witry@uiowa.edu.

BTW, what time period is your scenario set in? I don't want to feel like I'm stepping on your toes...
      and

Comment

From 1180 to 1185-1186, echo...

PS What size do you need for your map ( mine is huge, 100*80 or something like that, but i still have original BMPs )...
        "Io non volgo le spalle dinnanzi al nemico!!!" - il Conte di San Sebastiano al messo del comandante in capo, battaglia dell'Assietta
        "E' più facile far passare un cammello per la cruna di un ago che un pensiero nel cervello di Bush!!!" - Zelig

Comment

Huge is fine by me, I need a lot of cities.
          and

Comment

Ok, then. You'll have your map tomorrow.

PS If you need some pics for your scen, i started a Shogun thread on this forum ( edit: on SLeague Forum ) a month ago. Units are a bit dark, but flags are available here in HUGE amounts... If you'll need some pics or sound arts from Shougun demo, Theocracy or AoK, just ask: I'm ransaking them now... And i remember there was a Japan castles' collection circulating around on this forum too, but can't remember where...
            [This message has been edited by Prometeus (edited January 13, 2001).]
            [This message has been edited by Prometeus (edited January 14, 2001).]

Comment

You did a great job on the map. Thanks a lot!

I'll be sure to raid the shogun thread for anything I could possibly use. Thanks again.
              and

Comment

Working...
              X