Barbarian production

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Thoddy
    The same for the fanatics unit. Only if barbarian gouvernment is fundy the city produces this unit.
    This statement is not correct.

And a little question: Is there a solution for longlasting barbarian ships. If I create them via cheat menu they disappears after one or two turns. I try to use the random movement for naval warfare.
    Change the hold=0 and the ship remains indefinately. BTW barbarian ships can hold an unlimited number of units even if thier hold is zero.

Comment

Henrik,
      To clarify, I was only stating what I observed in a single scenario that has more than 20 barbarian cities. The only thing I really learned was that giving barbs cash via events doesn't work.
      "Cease fire! Please! Cease fire. What a dreadful waste of ammunition!" -- General Horatio Herbert Kitchener
      --

Comment

Originally posted by William Keenan

This statement is not correct.
        But this happens yesterday. If this Barbarian Unit in the slot of the fanatics capture a city, the unit was never produced without fundy gouvernment.
        Computer switch Production to slot 20 unit.

Resisting Pocket, nil, 0, 1.,0, 8a, 9d, 1h,1f, 5,0, 1, nil, 000111001000000

; Advanced unit fields
        11111111, 00000000, 0, 0000000000000000, 0000000000000001, 0000000000000000, 10000000 ;Resisting Pocket

Maybe there are some other Problems with the Cheatmenu leading to this.
        At the time this happens only 3 units has a prereq. of nil, all other units has no als prereq. The other units were a settler and a ship with transport capabilities.
        Last edited by Thoddy; February 22, 2002, 09:07.

Comment

But this happens yesterday. If this Barbarian Unit in the slot of the fanatics capture a city the unit was never produced without fundy gouvernment.
          Maybe there are some other Problems with the Cheatmenu leading to this.
          At the time this happens only 3 units has a prereq. of nil, all other units has no als prereq.

Resisting Pocket, nil, 0, 1.,0, 8a, 9d, 1h,1f, 5,0, 1, nil, 000111001000000

; Advanced unit fields
          11111111, 00000000, 0, 0000000000000000, 0000000000000001, 0000000000000000, 10000000 ;Resisting Pocket

That's very interesting. I have a theory I would like to test. Would you send me the sav game file. Include the rules.txt of course.

Comment

See this thread:

There is a attachment with sav and rules
            but this data are 3 days old (newer is not available at this time - is at home) and I had made a lot of changes since that time

in the actual version of the rules all unit prereq are set to no only slave worker, Resisting Pocket and Transport has nil.

I tries to create slave Worker producing barbarian cities. But this dont work.
            And then the same problem with the resisting pocket. Computer switches production to British Infantry 40/43

And the best thing is if all units has no as prereq you can create only the slave worker via cheat menu. And if such a barbarian unit unit takes a city no city improvements are lost.

Comment

double post
              Last edited by Thoddy; February 25, 2002, 09:46.

Comment

Originally posted by Gothmog
                Henrik,
                To clarify, I was only stating what I observed in a single scenario that has more than 20 barbarian cities. The only thing I really learned was that giving barbs cash via events doesn't work.
                I have a feeling this may have more to do with the AI than anything. From memory Barb units built by cities tend to head straight for the nearest "civilized" city. If a particular Barb city is virtually surrounded by other barb cities the AI may see no valid targets and stop building.
                There was a scenario out a loooong time ago that featured several isolated playable civs, each pretty much surrounded by barb cities (something like that atolon scen that came with CiC). Those cities kept building attacking units and sending them in until they were wiped out/captured.

Comment

Ravagon
                  That's probably it. The standard barbarian outbreaks don't pop up in the midst of these barbarian cities.
                  "Cease fire! Please! Cease fire. What a dreadful waste of ammunition!" -- General Horatio Herbert Kitchener
                  --

Comment

Traigo sueños, tristezas, alegrías, mansedumbres, democracias quebradas como cántaros,
                    religiones mohosas hasta el alma...

Comment

Damn!
                      "Whoever wants peace, be prepared for war"- Soundwave

Comment

Working...
                      X