avi. conversions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• avi. conversions

Can anyone help me figure out how to convert MPEG files into AVI files? Is there a shareware or freeware program which will do this? I've found one which will convert AVI to MPEG, but I need it the other way around. This is for some AVI movies for my ToT scenario about the Vietnam War.
    Tecumseh's Village, Home of Fine Civilization Scenarios

www.tecumseh.150m.com

Thanks Paul, I got it and made the conversion. However, it doesn't compress the resulting AVI file. So now I have a 276MB AVI file on my hard drive , which ToT won't run. Do you know if there's any freeware or shareware for compressing AVI files? Thanks again.

www.tecumseh.150m.com

Comment

VirtualDub will do what you want. http://www186.pair.com/vdub/index.html

Comment

Under the Video menu go to Compression. Here you can select the appropriate compressor (I believe Civ2 uses the Intel Indeo compression).

Comment

GIF movie gear 2.51 and further versions readily available at SHAREWARE.COM and at many more sites.

Comment

Why, I oughta be in pictures! Thanks Paul. It works just great. What a blast to make your own movies for Test of Time. Too bad the files are so big. I did get it down to 5 MB or so for a 50 second clip. Now I need to add sound. I think maybe the Doors for the sound track. Move over Oliver Stone!

www.tecumseh.150m.com

Comment

Working...
            X