modify scenario .dlls

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• modify scenario .dlls

is it a good idea to modifiy the .dlls and if so how would i accomplish this. do i place the .dll files inside of the scenario or would they need to be in the civ2 folder to modifiy the .dll file

thnks

by the way im onto placing the units on the map on the Shogun scenario

im putting together sounds from the Shogun TW demo for some kick ass sounds
    i am the great one:)
    and leader of the cow cult

There is a progra called GifXtractor which allows you to do just this. Unfortunately, I can`t remember where to get it from. Maybe someone else can tell you, though.
    "Paul Hanson, you should give Gibraltar back to the Spanish" - Paiktis, dramatically over-estimating my influence in diplomatic circles.

Eyewerks - you know you want to visit. No really, you do. Go on, click me.

Comment

oh i have that program

Comment

Better to modify the content of *.DLL's in and from a separate directory. "GifXtractor" would replace much of the -environment- background *.gif's and then some.
        Basically, you must remain within the "original" bytes count of such graphics and resave over the >old< library.
        The executable requires to link them from the main root only and not from scenario's subdirs.

Comment

doesnt sound like a good thing to do.

seeing the reaction of changed .dll files on the startrek scenario, i think im goin to leave that out.

thnks for the help

Comment

PH, you can get GIFXtractor in the database here.

------------------
            Save the whales, collect the whole set!!

If Al Gore invented the Internet, then I invented the spell check- Dan Quayle

If someone doesn't agtee with you, you haven't explained yourself well enough-Luther Ely Smith

Comment

I am making a Thirty Years' War Scenario and I want to change the leader pictures to show the actual leadership pictures, but that poses a problem. I know I can use the GifXtractor, but the problem is how do I do it so that it only changes for the scenario in question and not the entire Civ file?

If anyone can really help me out, thanks.
              "Our cause is in the hands of fate. We can not guarantee success. But we can do something better; we can deserve it." -John Adams

One Love.

Comment

You would probably have to tell the users to make a back-up and then replace it when they are done, if they want.

------------------
                Save the whales, collect the whole set!!

If Al Gore invented the Internet, then I invented the spell check- Dan Quayle

If someone doesn't agree with you, you haven't explained yourself well enough-Luther Ely Smith
                [This message has been edited by jcarkey (edited December 26, 2000).]

Comment

Working...
                X