Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Most Dreaded Part of Scenario Making...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Most Dreaded Part of Scenario Making...

Messing with the tech tree! Once I finish all the fun stuff and I just want it to be OVER the stupid tech tree needs to be de-bugged. And sometimes it gets wierd, you'll be sitting there going WTF?! How can you STILL build that?

I always forget 'nil no'
    "Wait a minute..this isn''t FAUX dive, it's just a DIVE!"
    "...Mangy dog staggering about, looking vainly for a place to die."
    "sauna stories? There are no 'sauna stories'.. I mean.. sauna is sauna. You do by the laws of sauna." -P.

Personally, I hate having to do MAKEUNIT events, and having to get the right co-ords and suchforth. Does my head in.

Comment

MAKEUNITs weren't a problem for me, but the Events are always what does me in and is whay I haven't finished a scenario that has them (unless you count my Gulf War scen, which I didn't bother to release).

But I did have problems with the tech tree, tis true.

Comment

Everything.

------------------
        What if the Hokey-Pokey is really what its all about?

Save the whales, collect the whole set!!

If Al Gore invented the Internet, then I invented the spell check- Dan Quayle

Comment

Testing it and testing it and testing... Replaying the same stuff over and over and over until it works...
          That's the most annoying and time consuming.

Comment

Putting all the cities and units on the map while ensuring the AI civs don't go off on their own and mess things up. That drives me INSANE!

Comment

Predicting a WINNER without playing each turn one by one until the end is a nightmare... too!
              Re-designing the TECH's is also a biggie puzzle in careful planning; i agree.

Comment

Yeah the tech tree is a pain but what I hate the most is renaming buildings and changing their icons to give the proper "feel" for the scenario. Anyway. My scenarios are based more on war so I spend most of my time fine tuning units and balancing them out.

I also try to make independent tech trees, but have had little success so far. How can you stop a civ from getting tech from trading AND get tech from taking cities, AND get tech by stealing with a diplo or spy? If I knew this I would finish that Star Trek scenario I've wanted to finish so badly. So PLEASE!! Someone help me!!!

------------------
                "I'm too out of shape for a long fight so I'll have to kill you fast"
                "If LESS is MORE, just think of how much MORE, MORE would be!"
                I AM CANADIAN!
                Civfanatics.com Civ 2 Multiplayer Ladder!
                My Civ 2 Scenario Page.
                [This message has been edited by CornMaster (edited December 11, 2000).]
                I AM CANADIAN!
                Gamecatcher: Multiplayer Civ 2 Democracy Game
                CornEmpire Owner/Operator
                Grand Minister: Dominion of the Balance & CornEmpire Software

Comment

The worst thing for me is finding tech tree problems that make the game crash. Everything seems to be fine, and then ... crash. Then I fear I won't be able to find the problem and all my work will go down the drain.
                  "Cease fire! Please! Cease fire. What a dreadful waste of ammunition!" -- General Horatio Herbert Kitchener
                  --

Comment

Working...
                  X