I need FW :(

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I need FW :(

*sigh* I never thought I'd need FW, but alas, I do. Too few people have MGE, and the AI isn't nice enough to actually use it for a decent scenario. Same goes for TOT. And 2.42 doesn't like giga maps......so.....

Does anybody have FW that they can send me? Or a url I can download it at? I don't want people to go out of their way for this...but the result would be one badass scen that everybody can play.

BTW, I wouldn't mind going out and buying it...I just don't have the time to run out and go looking for this game that I haven't seen in stores for years.

So Please?

*makes puppy dog face*

(If polaris would send it already than I wouldn't have to grovel...)
    [This message has been edited by master on high (edited October 31, 2000).]
    Administrator at
    www.quantum9.com
    Visit the forums!
    www.quantum9.com/forums

quote:

Originally posted by master on high on 10-31-2000 12:35 AM
    And 2.42 doesn't like giga maps......so.....

[This message has been edited by master on high (edited October 31, 2000).]

Well, I'm afraid that gigamaps only work for MGE and ToT, not FW.
    I've once heard there was a site, called russian or historic, I don't remember, where you could download an "illegal" update that improves civ2 from 2.42 to FW.
    I don't know the exact adress.

------------------
    Oh Man, when will you understand that your greatness lies in your failure - Goethe
    Oh Man, when will you understand that your greatness lies in your failure - Goethe

Comment

Try the on-line auction sites. One of the guys here bought FW on eBay for $5. Which is pretty cheap!
      To La Fayette, as fine a gentleman as ever trod the Halls of Apolyton

From what I understand of that Civ game of yours, it's all about launching one's own spaceship before the others do. So this is no big news after all: my father just beat you all to the stars once more. - Philippe Baise

Comment

quote:

Well, I'm afraid that gigamaps only work for MGE and ToT, not FW.

eh? Serious? It won't work for FW either? well damn.... ugh...back to MGE...

I should probalby read the forums a bit more. I never knew you could get that cheap...or that people would sell it on eBay for that matter.

At least I got it quick and didn't have to wait around a while .
        Administrator at
        www.quantum9.com
        Visit the forums!
        www.quantum9.com/forums

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by Kull on 10-31-2000 06:25 AM
          Try the on-line auction sites. One of the guys here bought FW on eBay for $5. Which is pretty cheap!

Click, click, click....

cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=480939271

Comment

clicked, clicked, clicked...
            Administrator at
            www.quantum9.com
            Visit the forums!
            www.quantum9.com/forums

Comment

Perhaps you can find somebody crazy enough to send it to you by email.
              If you already have MGE, with all the required DLLs, the whole game excluding scenarios and sounds can be as small as 2 MB.

Comment

megs aren't a problem at all. now I need to find that one person to send it....lol
                Administrator at
                www.quantum9.com
                Visit the forums!
                www.quantum9.com/forums

Comment

A quick link to 'the bit' at The Historian's site... www.angelfire.com/ga/hiciv/down.html#np

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by Allard HS on 11-01-2000 06:31 AM
                    Perhaps you can find somebody crazy enough to send it to you by email.
                    If you already have MGE, with all the required DLLs, the whole game excluding scenarios and sounds can be as small as 2 MB.

Yup, as a matter of fact, i happen to have that .zip (two zips, actually) and will bring it to school to mail it.

if you want it, you can mail me.
                    Indifference is Bliss

Comment

I actually bought FW for $4.50 on eBay!
                      Problem is... you need to have the original Civ2. MGE already has [some form] of FW in it(though, scn's made for justFW won't work on MGE), but you'll need to have a regular Civ2 to add it onto. Basically, $4.50 sure is cheap, but it was a waste for me. Gotta go get me Civ2, too.

Comment

Actually I could really use a copy of the macro.txt file that came with FW. I have the earlier version but this doesn't cover the extra event types introduced with FW. If somebody could mail me this I'd really appreciate it.
                        Honour your enemies: shower them with Photon torpedos.

Comment

Check the following adreess out and u will find a patch to turn your civ2 into fw:
                          http://www.geocities.com/jasev/introeng.html

hope u find it usefull
                          bye

Comment

Working...
                          X