Scenario Idea

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scenario Idea

I've had the idea of a scenario between the great Spanish Armada and the English Navy in the 1500's. The 197 English ships and their light cannons and fast ships against 140 the Spanish heavy guns and cannons. I'm wondering if anyone would be interested in playing it. It would just be one big naval fight. The Spanish have to destory/take London and the English has to destroy the Spanish fleet. The ships will carry cannon balls which will act like missiles and have a basic attack but nothing compared to the cannon balls. I could also use the fire ships. They could act like nukes. Anyway would you be interested in trying when I'm done? Anyway and suggestions?

------------------
    "I'm too out of shape for a long fight so I'll have to kill you fast"
    "If the great Emperors of Rome, Egypt and Greece were alive today, do you think they would prefer Coke or Pepsi?"
    I AM CANADIAN!
    Gamecatcher: Multiplayer Civ 2 Democracy Game
    CornEmpire Owner/Operator
    Grand Minister: Dominion of the Balance & CornEmpire Software

sounds nice, but don't forget to include the Dutch!!!

Comment

quote:

but don't forget to include the Dutch!!!

What does the Dutch have to do with it? I was only planning on it being one battle between the English ships and the Spanish ships. This battle could last like 30 turns or more. Depending on how the AI handles it. Probably best if played 2 player multiplayer. Anyway. Tell me how the Dutch would be involved so I don't leave anything out.

------------------
      "If the great Emperors of Rome, Egypt and Greece were alive today, do you think they would prefer Coke or Pepsi?"
      I AM CANADIAN!

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by Allard HS on 07-24-2000 09:06 PM
        sounds nice, but don't forget to include the Dutch!!!

Don't forget to include the Australians!

Comment

I'm serious. The Dutch played a very important part, often overlooked my comtemporary historians but at that time greatly appreciated by our allies the english.
          I don't have any books to quote from, and don't know too much of it by heart, but we sunk quite a few ships from the Armada, that I know for sure.

Australia!! Phah! You mean New Holland.

Comment

Let me be the first to wish you luck on getting the AI to use its navy correctly. This may turn out to be a multiplayer-only scenario. Also remember that the AI makes an unlimited supply of missiles.
            Who wants DVDs? Good prices! I swear!

Comment

Got most of the scenario figured out. Now I just need a map of the English Channel and surrounding areas. Anyone have one to offer? Or know where I can get one?

------------------
              Administrator of the CornEmpire Forum
              I AM CANADIAN!

Comment

Try the Bitmap-2-Map program at civ.cx/maps/bmp2map_main.html or ask William Keenan nicely as per apolyton.net/forums/Forum18/HTML/000998.html .

Comment

Have you figured out how to get the AI to use their vessels correctly instead of just stacking them? You could put forts on water, but otherwise, how do you get them to use the tactics right? They'll just bombard the coast whenever they can.

Comment

I haven't really thought about the AI yet. I'm still waiting to make a map. I got the units values, etc.. figured out. Haven't really started the scenario yet.

------------------
                    Administrator of the CornEmpire Forum
                    I AM CANADIAN!

Comment

I frankly don't think the AI is smart enough to use a navy, but this scenario would be interesting played on MP.

Comment

No Dutch, no Hasdrubal playing this scenario!

I would love a good naval scen. I don't think that I have ever played a scen with an emphasis on naval warfare. I'm afraid that Mao may be right though. The AI totally lacks any tactical sense. Hope you can overcome this problem.

------------------
                        Hasdrubal's Home.
                        Ceterum censeo Romam esse delendam.
                        Hasdrubal's Home.
                        Ceterum censeo Romam esse delendam.

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by Hasdrubal on 07-31-2000 08:52 AM
                          I would love a good naval scen. I don't think that I have ever played a scen with an emphasis on naval warfare. I'm afraid that Mao may be right though. The AI totally lacks any tactical sense. Hope you can overcome this problem.

AHHHHH!!! There is so much pressure. I'm not a scenario genius. I feel like I'm going to disappoint everyone if this scenario isn't what they hoped. Ahhhh!!! I better get working as fast as I can.

Still haven't made a good map yet.
                          I AM CANADIAN!

Comment

sounds cool - but what about the storm?

You of course know that it was a huge storm
                            that broke up and destroyed the Spanish
                            Armada and not the English Navy. Which were
                            basically Dutch ships because the English
                            got all their naval tech from the Dutch
                            and Dutch investment companies payed for them.

Comment

...you can make them barabarian units right?

Comment

Working...
                              X