Post Apocalyptic?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Post Apocalyptic?

I am making a post apocalyptic scenario and would like it to use alot of elements from movies, books, etc... Does anyone know of any good movies, books, etc... that would have good info regarding this subject?

There are literally hundreds on books and movies to choose from. I'll list a few for you:

-The Mad Max movie Trilogy (MM 2 is best)
    -The Postman (movie and book [the book by David Brin is heaps better])
    -Waterworld
    -Aftermath by Charles Sheffield

Basically get yourself down to your local libary, book stores, and video rental store

[This message has been edited by Case (edited July 27, 2000).]
    'Arguing with anonymous strangers on the internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be - or to be indistinguishable from - self-righteous sixteen year olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.'
    - Neal Stephenson, Cryptonomicon

Comment

Not to forget 1984 and Farenheit 456 (that degree might be wrong...but oh well)
      Who wants DVDs? Good prices! I swear!

Comment

"Taronga" by Victor Kelleher is interesting, and the novelisation of the ABC (Australian Broadcasting Corporation) show "Quest Beyond Time" has some fantastic concepts for a dark-ages/tribal post nuclear setting, even if it is intended for about the 12 to 14 age range. Don't know how you'd go finding either in the States though.

Comment

Don't forget Fallouts 1/2, postapocalyptic RPGs from Interplay.
          "Spirit merges with matter to sanctify the universe. Matter transcends to return to spirit. The interchangeability of matter and spirit means the starlit magic of the outermost life of our universe becomes the soul-light magic of the innermost life of our self." - Dennis Kucinich, candidate for the U. S. presidency
          "That’s the future of the Democratic Party: providing Republicans with a number of cute (but not that bright) comfort women." - Adam Yoshida, Canada's gift to the world

Comment

The Foundation Series by Isaac Asimov is also an interesting twist on future Earth history.

Another one is Ralph Bashki's anime-type movies. I can't remember the names of the movies though....

Comment

Not to forget 1984 and Farenheit 456 (that degree might be wrong...but oh well)

Mao, I hate to correct you but that is Fahrenheit 451. I dont think that can help Mxyzplk at all.

The only think I could think of as Post-Apocalyptic being the scorchers. If you want to do them than I suggest having a fireman with a flamethrower instead of a fire hose. Be sure to have a little salamander on the suit though.

------------------
              What if the Hokey-Pokey is really what its all about?

Contact me at cpoland@mail.win.org

Comment

Well, I mean, if you want a war scenario, those books had large power blocs fighting it out right? And IIRC there was already a 1984 scenario here...all-out war.
                Who wants DVDs? Good prices! I swear!

Comment

For a post apocalyptic idea check my "Scenario" thread.
                  -->Visit CGN!
                  -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

Comment

Working...
                  X