Whippet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whippet

Does anyone have a graphic of a '20-30's style Whippet tank? Nemo??
    "You give a guy a crown and it goes straight to his head."
    -OOTS

It might help if you told us more about the whippet...(Sorry if I sound ignorant, but I don't know what a Whippet tank is!)
    Georgi Nikolai Anzyakov, Commander Grand Northern Front, Red Front Democracy Game

Comment

It's kind of an intermediate tank between WWI and WWII tanks. With a small turret.
      -OOTS

Comment

I found a pic of a British Whippet tank from 1918, with a small, but not turnable turret with two or three machineguns. Is this your Whippet, or is there a later model?
        Blah

Comment

I can try to draw such a tank for you, ok?

------------------
          Civ2000
          Blah

Comment

Just a question before I start: that´s the pic I found. At first I thought it shows the backside of the tank, but after a closer look I´m not sure, can you help me?
            I also saw that Mark tank so I think you prefer an isometric view?
            [This message has been edited by BeBro (edited August 30, 2000).]
            Blah

Comment

Here is a site I found with similar pictures of early armor. I thought the same thing as you but that is the front of the tank. Thanks for the picture & help!
              -OOTS

Comment

Yes. I would consider the next step in tank development the French Renault tank. The first being the Mark IV I coaxed from Nemo a while back. Maybe this is the start of a modpack for the 1900's. Call it "A History of the 20th Century, with Illustrations" after one of my favorite short stories by Kim Stanley Robinson.
                -OOTS

Comment

Sorry, last time I was very busy, I´ll finish the job on the weekend...
                  Blah

Comment

Ok, here is my first try. I tried to add as much details as possible, but I found it a bit difficult, due to the unusal form of the tank...tell me if it´s ok so, or what should be changed.

------------------
                    Civ2000
                    Blah

Comment

Awesome! Consider this thread resolved
                      -OOTS

Comment

BeBro, you are a truely skilled artist. All of your units seem to emanate a certain perfection to them. Do you by any chance work as a graphics artist? If not, you might want to consider it.
                        *grumbles about work*

Comment

Shadowstrike, currently I´m working in a photo lab, but we do also some image processing work. But my future plan include to study something in the graphic/design direction...

------------------
                          Civ2000
                          Blah

Comment

Working...
                          X