What free .Gif editor are you using ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What free .Gif editor are you using ?

I tried to modify Terrains1.gif with MS paint but the game always crash when loading.

I want to modify the "Dither" picture, is there anibody that did that in the past ?

Thank You Very Much.

I always use Paint Shop Pro 4, that's all I need to edit Civ2 graphics. You can get it for free at http://www.jasc.com

And about the "dither" picture... I've never done that. What is it for, anyway?
    [This message has been edited by Fiera (edited August 23, 2000).]
    "An intellectual is a man who doesn't know how to park a bike"
    - Spiro T. Agnew

Comment

Many people use PaintShopPro (not completely free, but shareware). I prefer PhotoPaint or PhotShop, try to find an older lowprice version .
      And I also modified the Dither image, do you think that causes the crashes? Have you checked all the other things (right palette, no transparent...)?
      Blah

Comment

I beat you for a pair of seconds, Bernd!
        - Spiro T. Agnew

Comment

Yeah really...

The Dither image allows to "fade" different terrain into eachother so that they look more "connected". This is done by mixing some pixels of a terrain square with some pixels of the different square...hmmm, I hope this is understandable explained...
          Blah

Comment

Yes, it is!

I've been years wondering whether the "tile connection" effect could be edited in some way...

If I only could speak good English! When I looked in my old dictionary for 'dither', it said something like 'being very nervous'.
            - Spiro T. Agnew

Comment

I have downloaded Paint Shop Pro as you suggested and made a test with the dither picture and it is working.

Thank You very Much to both of You.

Comment

Working...
              X